How many more points off the DOW and S&P before....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Mar 26, 2008.

1. No sir, I am not Landis. Hopefully you'll believe me and opine that I, too, am a smart mofo one day. As I did state in my first post here, I was a long-time lurker before registering and posting. I guess I may have a similar outlook on things as him.

As far as TudorJones is concerned, he smacks of the 80/20 rule: in my experience in various other Internet forums 80% of the noise/garbage comes from 20% of the members. (Or is it 95/5?)It is evident that ET is a great place for serious traders who want to make money, but inevitably the low barriers to entry (a PC) and the beloved annonymity provided by the Internet brings out the wannabees and kids. TudorJones strikes me as a kid, perhaps ambitious, early 20's, maybe even in college. Hell, he might even have a brokerage account. But he ain't no million-dollar hedge fund manager and we all know it. Can't say it doen't provide some entertainment value though.

Cheers

#11     Mar 26, 2008
  2. Landis really doesnt like you.

#12     Mar 26, 2008
  3. S2007S

S2007S

I have no clue why people on here change there names every week.....im sure bull alert has been posting here for quite sometime and now decides to change his name for the 5732th time......

#13     Mar 26, 2008
  4. I would say everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. Yes, I am a newbie here but have read enough to see a handful of permabulls and permabears. I'd say I don't fall into either category.

I generally fall more into the swing trader category, with some longer-term investments and some daytrading. This market has sure tested me like most. I think we are in a bottoming process from a technical perspective and the outlook is mildly bullish. We've got some key technical levels to bust out of to get us out of this range-bound market. I think the January low was as low as it will get BUT, like all good traders I am preparing for anything.

Hopefully we can all exchange some good ideas on here and, more importantly, make some money. I had no intention of offending.

#14     Mar 26, 2008
  5. Wrong. Read my other posts.

#15     Mar 26, 2008
  6. I know who you are your that wanker "Silly Puddle" who got banned a while back for being a complete berk.

#16     Mar 26, 2008
  7. You sound like a very cool guy but be honest. Did you get caught a little long today and then this thread pissed you off because you lost some money?

#17     Mar 26, 2008
  8. This is truly hilarious. Not only do you not know who I am, no one else on this forum does. I just joined and 100% of my posts have been under this user ID. Have the friggin' admin check my IP address if need be. sheez!!

#18     Mar 26, 2008
  9. :D :D Well the homebuilders didn't help. Let's put it that way. I'm still sitting on nice gains, though.

#19     Mar 26, 2008
  10. S2007S

S2007S

No need to be in homebuilders now, still plenty of ARMS to reset going into 2010 and not only that I see 1-2 homebuilders bankrupt before anything turns around, which will be in another 4-5 years....

#20     Mar 26, 2008