How many monitors do you use while doing daytrading?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mizhael, Feb 11, 2009.

1. 4XQs

4XQs

Between 5 and 7 - depending on many things.

#41     Feb 11, 2009
  2. Viper101

Viper101

primary screen
    ~~~~~~~~~

Chart + T/S + ES + NQ + Trade Ideas + Order Entry

Secondary Screen
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Positions + Briefing + Bloomberg streaming.

And I'm still loosing money!!!!! LOL

#42     Feb 11, 2009
  3. Don't forget the darts!

#43     Feb 11, 2009
  4. I have 10 Monitors

3 26"
    1 24"
    6 22"

Three are for trading and monitoring the whole account, One is the scanning and the rest are charts. Each stock that I am interesting in or trading gets its own monitor.

Monitors are cheap and the ability to trade six stocks at once without having to change screens is valuable at times.

While most will not need that many the important thing is that you don't try to save money and then end up fighting back and forth for space.

Best to you

#44     Feb 11, 2009
  5. gnome

gnome

Heard of that before... BANKRUPTCY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT! :D

#45     Feb 11, 2009
  6. no wonder you're making a killing these days lol. how many pc's do you use(besides laptop)? do you have a pix? i would like to know how to stack 10 monitors in an orderly fashion....

#46     Feb 11, 2009
  7. Thanks for the kind words. Best of trading to you as well.

I have two computers. One does the scanning and some of the charting and the other is order entry and monitoring.

I have them both on UPSs and I also have a laptop with a sprint wireless card for backup.

Here is an old pic that does not have all of the monitors showing but you get the idea. The monitors have been updated as well to reflect the adding of three 26" monitors.

http://www.paid2trade.com/?page_id=9

#47     Feb 11, 2009
  8. 17 screens.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43661&perpage=6&pagenumber=428

I trade only 5 stocks. 1 main screen has all 5 stocks side-by-side so I can trade relative strength between them. 5 monitors, 1 dedicated to each stock: displays the same stock on different time-frames (e.g. 30-min, 5-min, 1-min, 288 tick, 42 tick, etc.).

1 screen for the ES futures and the market internals (e.g. $TRIN, $TICK, different indices, etc..

My laptop is for order entries and web lookup.

Those 7 screens are what I look at constantly during the trading sessions.

The other screens are either on different stocks or the same 5 stocks using a different charting software. This will give me a sense of the market more or less.

3 desktops, 2 laptops.

#48     Feb 11, 2009
  9. One of my monitors just blew out ... LOL.

Funny :D

#49     Feb 11, 2009
  10. volente_00

volente_00

1 monitor on desktop

1 on laptop.

KISS

#50     Feb 11, 2009