How many monitors do you use while doing daytrading?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mizhael, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Imagine I want to install TS on one computer and Esignal on another computer and I want to work on them simultaneously the same time. It's really a hassle to move data around and share data...
    Isn't it?

#31     Feb 11, 2009
  2. Tide31

Tide31

I used two computers for a while with 3 screens, just not necessary anymore. Unless you are running Bloomberg or something, uses up a ton of bandwidth and RAM for some reason, not worth the hassle, even though I had the two networked. I find 1 computer and three 19" screens to be fine and not too distracting. Order routing takes up a tiny amount of bandwidth.

1. Execution screens, positions, p&l

2. Charts

3. News, e-mail, internet, AIM

19" Dell screens you can get refurbished, good as new, for $119 on Dell Outlet. Here is the link:

click here to go to: outlet.us.dell.com

#32     Feb 11, 2009
  3. I have two 24" widescreens from Dell.

#33     Feb 11, 2009
  4. I would have to remodel my house to make that happen . . .

#34     Feb 11, 2009
  5. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

yeah, but it's going to look awesome! :D

#35     Feb 11, 2009
  6. 6 Dell 20" Monitors.
    Bought in 2005/6, still works great.

Dell PC with nVidia NVS400 (Quad) graphics card.

Regards,
    Suri

[​IMG]

#36     Feb 11, 2009
  7. DmanX

DmanX Guest

1 screen for trading ES only, Vista x64.

#37     Feb 11, 2009
  8. 2 screens for trading the ES.

1 for the charts and 1 to show how much profit i made. Had to take 19" screens and small fonts to see the complete figures.:D

#38     Feb 11, 2009
  9. DmanX

DmanX Guest

LMAO! Atta boy!

#39     Feb 11, 2009
  10. I was using 2 quads, 1 twin and a single.

However I am not using any monitors at the moment as I am trying to perfect Jack Hershey's "Trading for the Blind" method

Here's Jack describing part of it (it is complex). It's a real space and money saver and I highly recommend you try it...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This person talked about in the interview is known by his initials. He is blind by all the sensory tests and examinations. Two strokes made him blind. His nerves work as before beause they were tested and as expected were not part of the strokes he endured.

I know he could sit in front of a screen and trade just as he can walk thorough maizes (the maize experiments were an after thought of his treatment folks where they got the surprise of their lives)."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Once I perfect this I'm hoping to trim costs further by trading without the data feed.

Has anyone else tried this?

#40     Feb 11, 2009