How many monitors do you use while doing daytrading?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mizhael, Feb 11, 2009.

1. don't want to be too gready :D

look where it lead MAESTRO! he does not even remember how many monitors he has. :D

#21     Feb 11, 2009
  2. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

True! :D :D

#22     Feb 11, 2009
  3. 3 total

Middle monitor 22 inch
    right and left 19 in

middle has my x-trader platform (DOM) and main chart
    left montor has secondary time frame chart
    right monitor has daily chart and vix chart as well as my fill box that shows my open and closed positions + a small T&S.

#23     Feb 11, 2009
  4. Most Professional traders, in the past plotted hand drawn charts and immersed in the chart data to recognize trends/patterns etc...

With the advent of charting software, now-a-days it may be difficult to get the same experience as Hand-Drawn charts. But in my opinion, you can still achieve similar knowledge/close experience if you learn to draw and annotate Charts (daily/intraday) the patterns/trends, ideas on the charts itself. I have been using Snag-It software for years to mark Intraday/Daily Charts with all my ideas and save it in a PC folder.

Regards,
    Suri

#24     Feb 11, 2009
  5. Do you have a hard time moving your eyesight across monitors, because of the size difference?

#25     Feb 11, 2009
  6. i use 2 Hanns-G 28" monitors

I believe the are only 350 now

thinking of getting a 3rd

#26     Feb 11, 2009
  7. kipster

kipster

What model is it?

#27     Feb 11, 2009
  8. Not really, they are all formatted so that they all appear the same in terms of character display and whatnot. Plus I spend the majority of my time on my main screen.

#28     Feb 11, 2009
  9. I see. So you don't have a gigantic Excel sheet that's across the three screens... I've seen traders do that...

#29     Feb 11, 2009
  10. Hi folks,

I am thinking of the following:

Getting 2 reasonably fast and cheap desktops instead of 1 superfast desktop, each connected with 2 monitors.

The combined performance/cost ratio for the 2-PC plan will be better than that of the 1-PC plan.

But then transferring data between these two PCs will be a big hassle.

Pros and cons?

#30     Feb 11, 2009