How many houses do you own??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by omegapoint, Aug 22, 2008.

1. There's no evidence for that.

Obama, on the other hand, was the first ever black editor of the Harvard Law Review which is a prestigious publication.

#11     Aug 23, 2008
  2. I wouldn't go there Dave. Despite holding such a prestigious post and being a lecturer(not full professor as claimed on his official biography) at University of Chicago, he has never authored even one piece of published legal scholarship.

Basically, he is like an NFL first round pick who got cut because he didn't have what it takes.

How do you feel about his wife having her salary doubled at the University of chicago hopsital after he was elected to the Senate? Any appearance of impropriety there at all?

#12     Aug 23, 2008
  3. "ok let's try this is it over 10?" LOL what aputz

#13     Aug 23, 2008
  4. Editors usually edit. Writers usually write. And as for your irrelevant smear that he wasn't a professor (as if it matters) the U of C released a statement saying that he was, in fact, a professor.

http://www.law.uchicago.edu/media/index.html

I'll mention that to an editor that I know -- that he's just not "good enough" to be a writer. I'm sure he'll appreciate that.

Not really, actually, considering she was hired before Obama was even elected to the Senate, only received the salary increase as part of her promotion, and her salary is in line with every other vice-president at the hospital.

That's kind of the same type of smear as the Republicans used with "McCain has a black baby." Without context it sounds like something nefarious was going on.

The public is catching on to these evidence-free smears, whether of McCain or the Democrats, out of context infobits, and the Republicans' tactic of guilt by association.

At least I did anyway.

#14     Aug 23, 2008
  5. sho-tim

sho-tim

Are you aware that "the one" has held himself out to have written a book called "the audacity of hope"? Could you confirm that he only edited it? We may have news here.

As far as your insinuation that there was nothing unusual about her promotion and pay increase, I'll quote a post from Pabst.

""She's terrific," added Michael Riordan, who was president of the hospital in March 2005, (the very month her husband was sworn in as Senator) when Michelle Obama was promoted to vice president for external affairs and had her annual salary increased from $121,910 to $316,962."

Pabst did, of course, source this quote. If anyone doesn't smell a rat in that so called coincidental series of events, then they probably also believe that John Kerry "has a hat". And they probably believe everything Kieth Olberman says, too. lol

#15     Aug 23, 2008
  6. That's right, sometimes people change jobs years later. However, when editors are busy editing, they often don't write. Naturally when Obama was the editor of the Harvard Law Review he didn't author legal papers.

One smear down, what others would you guys like to trot forth?

Well "snort" isn't an argument.

And yes, he did source the quote -- back to the hospital which released a statement emphasizing that she won this position on merit, that she's fantastic.

Take a look at her resume and her experience or offer some evidence to support your position rather than just "I couldn't have done it so she couldn't either."

If I was going to accuse McCain's wife of being a thief, embezzler and drug addict I would have to have evidence for this -- like her confession to stealing drugs from a charity.

#16     Aug 23, 2008
  7. You are a complete moron.

McCain single-handedly took away the multi-billion dollar air-tanker contract from Boeing, forcing it into a re-bid process because McCain was concerned over pork-barrel spending/costs by the military contractor. It eventually went to the French (EADS) and NOC.

But of course, you only want to SEE what fits in with your biased view of the world.

Congrats.

#17     Aug 23, 2008
  8. how many yachts can you water skii behind?? huh? huh? how many????!@!!!HOW? MANY??

#18     Aug 23, 2008
  9. I own 31 guitars and 16 amps if that matters...:D

...and one house.

'had a 4 family but the tenants and maintenance drove me nutz...

#19     Aug 24, 2008
  10. Blow me. And when we stay in Iraq "as long as it takes" what are they going to use ...sticks and stones.

#20     Aug 24, 2008