How Many Hours Do You Sleep A Night?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Opulence, Oct 14, 2012.

1. NoDoji

NoDoji

Chlorella good, Spirulina bad: http://nutritionfacts.org/topics/spirulina/

Eat fresh, whole foods. Ditch the processed/refined crap and in three months you'll be renewed.

#41     Oct 20, 2012
  2. Son 32, daughter 29, both successful. Ex is not in the picture any more. Sleep is whatever I get. No significance to 1 cup of coffee, other than that is the one time of day I chill, enjoy the coffee and do nothing. Don't have time to do that twice a day and don't see any point in mindlessly gulping coffee when I'm busy with other stuff.

My daughter says next year she wants me to stop working and she will take care of me. I told her she is so sweet for wanting that, but I need to do something or that will be the end of me. Besides I'm enjoying what I'm doing so why stop?

In the old days I enjoyed rock, smoked grass, read Stranger in a Strange Land and all of Carlos Castenada's books. And Hesse and others. Now I just enjoy the rock and reading.

Keep a good book by your bedside table, if you can't sleep, read, if you get hungry, go eat. If you don't get enough sleep to trade well, don't trade.

I guarantee you when you are dying, You won't be saying "Shit, I should have spent more time trading".

#42     Oct 20, 2012
  3. In Life There is Always... On The Other Hand:

in a reply to that MD's video about Spirulina... there was this comment made below... that covers the issue...

Quote...

The point you raise is the prime reason why it is extremely important to harvest spirulina at a pH over 10 (between 10-11).

This is part of the quality control that commercial producers and small-scale producers employ to ensure spirulina's quality for consumers. If it's not at the right pH, it simply doesn't get harvested. The liver toxins you're speaking of are called microcystins, which are peptides produced microcystis, not by spirulina. Microcystis are unable to survive at such a high alkaline level between 10-11.

This is what separates spirulina from another superfood cyanobacteria, Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (aka AFA blue-green algae), which commonly grows up in Klammath Lake in Oregon. AFA, however, cannot grow at the high alkaline levels that spirulina can in order to avoid microcystins.

This is the prime reason why I grow spirulina and not AFA, or chlorella for that matter, which also grows at a lower pH. Commonly, people and researchers assume that since AFA and spirulina are both cyanobacteria, their ideal growing conditions are also one and the same, but they usually get lumped together anyway when the research is not complete.

It would be helpful if the gentleman who produced the video would learn more about each species and their differences.

end quote...

I actually had a email back and forth from THAT doctor on THAT website about Avocados which he has a video where he says they are dangerous... due to researchers in India... i contacted the Indian researchers and they said they were ONLY speaking about microscopic danger and that I should eat all the 'Cadoes i wanted... sent the Indian docs email to THIS Doc who is the critic and he ignored it... typical MD ego...

and on and on it goes... I know people who have taken Spirulina and Chorella healthfully for over 5 years... like Mike Adams... here is his PDF on it....

http://www.naturalnews.com/SpecialReports/Superfoods.pdf

#43     Oct 20, 2012
  4. I usually get 6-8 hours of sleep a day.

Time of day for sleeping can get spotty if I stay up late/wake up early to trade euro session. Then I end up taking naps during low volume periods. I don't suspect I'll be able to do this as freely when I have kids and a "time structure". lol

One thing I would like to add, give yourself a good amount of time to wake up before making any dumbass decisions while still groggy. I know this from experience :)

#44     Oct 20, 2012
  5. NoDoji

NoDoji

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19520132

If you have access to certified clean sources, that's great. I personally will stick with the large green leafies in my smoothies, and if choosing algae, chlorella.

OK, back to sleep :)

#45     Oct 21, 2012
  6. What has your research turned up as the very most nutritious greens? I'm always overwhelmed by the myriad of choices at this great local produce store, but some of the stuff there I've never even heard of, or heard of and never considered trying. .. TIA

#46     Oct 21, 2012
  7. yeah or you could all just eat pot and it would be a done deal

you can grow it in your back yard

And even if you have to grow it in a spare bedroom with a 1000 watt light, it is still cheaper than going to the CVS

plus, it works a thousand times better

problem is, if you haven't done the above two, the government forces you to deal with unsavory characters

and all we are trying to do is get to sleep

#47     Oct 21, 2012
  8. d08

d08

You mean the "good old times" when it was okay to slap the wife around when she was getting hysterical?

#48     Oct 21, 2012
  9. Kurgan

Kurgan

What happened with that now??:D

#49     Oct 21, 2012
  10. tobbe

tobbe

I don't know what NoD's research says, but you can always look at the nutrient density (nutrients per calorie). There are tables for ANDI (aggregate nutrient density index) online, like this one: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/hea...-here/resources-and-tools/top-ten-andi-scores

Kale rocks :p .

#50     Oct 21, 2012