how many hedge fund/CTA traders do we have here?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Copernicus, May 12, 2005.

1. No, of course not. It's not necessarily, as it's mandatory. :confused: :D

#11     May 19, 2005
  2. #12     May 19, 2005
  3. Banjo

Banjo

You would be amazed, well probably not , how well cheap and picky can serve a money manager over the long run.

#13     May 19, 2005
  4. ozzy

ozzy

This is obvious. Why would someone who's making millions let everyone know. "I'M RICH I'M RICH TEEEEEE HEEEEEE HEEEEEEE"

They'll be laughing on the inside day in day out, while you have all the noobs busting their nut trying to figure this game out while they simulataneously makign 100 posts per day.

If you want to make it in this business start from the inside then work your way out.

I'm gonna be filthy rich in the future. But this was the hardest fucking thing I had to go through in my life.

#14     Feb 7, 2006
  5. Ebo

Ebo

There are maybe a dozen "Trader's" on here that have a clue, the other 19,988 Elite are walking time bombs and blow up regularly and come back on here with a new name every 6 months.

If you you ran a successful fund would you post on here?

#15     Feb 7, 2006
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Boredom? Cameradire?

#16     Feb 7, 2006
  7. ozzy

ozzy

You should be putting that money to good use and enjoying life. Not posting on ET like an internet junkie.

Anyways. There a few ppl in here who do know what they are talking about and I appreciate their posts (even if it just scratches the surface).

#17     Feb 7, 2006
  8. there are several HUGE fund managers who visit ET. most of you would be surprised who. they shall remain anonymous....

aaron--- speaking of art--how about SAC's purchase of the dead shark in formaldahyde named " the physical impossibility of death in the mind of the living" by damian hirst i believe, for 20 million !

great work with the fund, by the way!

surfer:)

#18     Feb 7, 2006
  9. The art of name dropping without actually dropping names.
    :D

#19     Feb 7, 2006
  10. Aaron

Aaron

Thanks, Surfer. That's pretty strange for art -- preserved sharks!

Schindler Trading keeps plugging away -- taking some money out of the market here and there. '06 is going to be a good year, I can feel it! :) Send me a PM sometime with your email address.

Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

#20     Feb 7, 2006