how many hedge fund/CTA traders do we have here?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Copernicus, May 12, 2005.

1. Any Fund traders surfing Elite?

apart from Apogee Partners and Schindler Trading professionals?

2. someone talk to me about apogee. is that a racket or the real deal?

3. if your style is scalable, "no scalpers" then Apogee's deal makes a lot of sense. its basically a 1yr trial period, where you get low leverage on your cap, high commission rates, and 90% payout.
    if you prove yourself, and your system is scalable, they'll give you a shot at managing fund's money.

4. Aaron

Aaron

There are other hedge fund traders on ET that choose to remain anonymous.

And they pretty much need to be anonymous. Both mutual fund and hedge fund employees probably won't have permission from the company officers and their compliance department to make public statements which may be mistaken as the opinions and policies of their firm. Thus they need to keep their identity hidden.

Hedge fund employees also have the additional 1933 Securities Act restriction on general solicitation. They probably have been advised by their legal department that it is verboten to even mention the existence of an unregistered security in a public forum.

Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

5. Aaron, congratulations to your April's profitable result, which is great while so many others have been down so much this year. :)

6. Aaron

Aaron

Thanks, OddTrader!

Now if Schindler Trading only had a couple billion under management (instead of just a couple milllion) I'd be able to buy some fancy artwork for my walls like those New York hedge fund managers. :D

Did you see the article about hedge fund managers driving up the price of contemporary art in yesterday's Wall Street Journal? Seems to me they have too much money. I, on the other hand, am too cheap to buy a $30 print or poster and have bare walls in my office.

Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

7. Aaron, as it seems to me, if your fund's performance has been fairly uncorrelated to so many others, based on this years' results that could be a very strong selling point, perhaps Today would be the proper timing to attract more capital switching to under your management. :cool:

8. You know you'll be getting there a little bit later. :)

Not me, probably someone else. I'll look it up later.

9. Aaron

Aaron

I hope you're right, OddTrader. It'll also help if 2005 is a good, solidly profitable year. 2003 and 2004 were only up single digits and 2005 is approximately flat so far.

I've also reduced the leverage in the Schindler Trading program by half as of mid-April also. I think the future, shallower (I hope) drawdowns will attract additional investors also.

PAST PERFORMANCE IS NOT NECESSARILY INDICATIVE OF FUTURE RETURNS.

Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

10. Aaron

Aaron

#10     May 19, 2005