How many ET's blew up today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Daal, Sep 19, 2008.

1. piezoe

piezoe

Austin, i guess i had gotten used to all that slapping "around" because it suited me just fine. I'll take another look at TF after it has time to bake. In the mean time, i'm a trader looking for a new home.

#21     Sep 20, 2008
  2. Easy as pie. I doomed myself. lol

I've read compliance bulletins. The buyins start Monday or tuesday, depending on whom you believe.

Monday and Tuesday have the possibility of being the biggest up days in the market - ever. Not my words. But I believe there is that possiblity. The buyins, if they comply, and I think they will this time. will be humongous.

Don't concentrate just on REG sho. You can look at any heavily shorted stock, because they are failing those stocks consistantly, and hiding the fails in the 'x clearing' system, i.e . between each other. They never see the DTCC, that bastion of whoredom.

Have at it. Watch your setups, stay cautious, but any upside has JP4 in it. Any buyins in Overstock, no position, have always been huge spikes on volume, and then declines. But, this time, they might not have the apparatus in place to keep it down. It's all feel, as my Prom Date told me. Your call.

Good luck.

#22     Sep 20, 2008
  3. According to the poll that I started Friday morning, about twice as many ETers who trade stock index futures (ES, NQ, TF (the new Russell symbol), DAX, HSI, etc) had their best days ever when compared with those who had their worst days ever, and, overall this week, about twice as many had above average days than below average days.

It is still not too late to contribute.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=137407

#23     Sep 20, 2008
  4. If u consider 'blowing up' as losing discipline and going on tilt, then yes, I did that twice on Friday. Was down about a grand on 1 freakin' ES contract. Fortunately, I caught a few big moves and got her back down under $500.

Sucks having 4 good days, and blowing it all on Friday b/c of lost discipline.

Its a shame, i know i would have gotten it all back if I had an hour more.

#24     Sep 20, 2008
  5. What a pile of bull$hit

#25     Sep 22, 2008
  6. You forgot about the rest of us, the ones patient enough to wait this madness out until patterns materialize before we risk money. I know traders who have thrown caution to the wind these last two weeks, and as many of them went bust as prospered in that time. Not good odds. More like gambling. I rather appreciated the week off away from the damned computer for trading!

Lessons:
    Take what the market gives you.
    Use hard stops and profit exits.
    Preserve capital.
    If you are wrong, get out.
    If you are in new territory, you are gambling.
    As always, do not trade with funds you cannot afford to piss away.

#26     Sep 22, 2008
  7. trendy

trendy

You are no doubt knowledgeable about shit, having stepped in a big pile of it recently.

#27     Sep 22, 2008