How many ES contracts you need trade average $500 profit daily?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Pholeuon, Apr 6, 2008.

How many ES contracts you need trade average $500 profit daily?

1. 1

14 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. 2

28 vote(s)
    25.9%
  3. 3-4

36 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. 5-6

14 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. 7-8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 9-10

9 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. 11-12

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 13-15

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. 16-20

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  10. >20

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. Not, it is just seemingly ridiculous question. Clear that different traders and trading styles will produce different results.

But unless I am not the biggest talent in trading all times it is not probable that my results will be better than by experienced, long term sucesfull traders.(I am not writing that I can achieve same results but for sure not better).
    They have different styles, but somebody of them will have biggest profit per traded contract. We can assume that it is limitation in real world. That was my question.

#21     Apr 6, 2008
  2. Ah yes. The dream, the grail, the secret. My ES contract is worth more than your ES contract. LOL. I think someone should start a Top Picker, Bottom Fisher thread.

Osorico

#22     Apr 6, 2008
  3. LOL, yet another illusion put to rest. :p

#23     Apr 6, 2008
  4. Rahula

Rahula

The average is meaningless in trading. Its the fat tails that makes or breaks your week/month/year/career.

#24     Apr 6, 2008
  5. Yes, exactly.
    But why can not be it included in average, tell me, please?
    If you will calculate it from last year result they will be in?
    In present time I am interesting just about "fat tails" those happend during past year.
    May be not so fat. Somebody traded when it happened, somebody was long, somebody was short. Somebody clever, somebody lucky.
    Fat tails 1987 type are not interersting for me at present.

I did not asked about grails, bottoms, tops. Folks, some of you are really not able follow theme. If my questions look stupid to you why you bother reply to them? Why you vaste your valuable time?

Dreams can everybody have.
    Even so experienced old fox like me (I am not speaking about equity and futures trading).
    Osorico, do you have some problems with dreams? And secrets? If you did not find any you think that nobody can?
    Do you have one form in which you can fit everybody in the world?

#25     Apr 6, 2008
  6. I am at a loss to understand just what it is that you mean.

Could you please expand.

regards
    f9

#26     Apr 6, 2008
  7. Wow, over 40% of the readers believe you only need 2 contracts maximum to make $500 profit daily. :eek:

If I were you I'd be trying to find out what those people know!

#27     Apr 6, 2008
  8. Seems I've exposed a nerve. But I not vaste my time applying Novocain™.

Good trades to you
    Osorico :)

#28     Apr 6, 2008
  9. He belives in striking out while trying to hit home runs.

#29     Apr 6, 2008
  10. Interesting information, is not it?
    If it is believable we need find some way how to make it! Ok, I will make some working modell later now is midnight here. :)

But if we look on "Volume by price" of this pool we are getting some info about trading styles, are not we?

#30     Apr 6, 2008