How many ES contracts you need trade average $500 profit daily?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Pholeuon, Apr 6, 2008.

How many ES contracts you need trade average $500 profit daily?

1. 1

14 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. 2

28 vote(s)
    25.9%
  3. 3-4

36 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. 5-6

14 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. 7-8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 9-10

9 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. 11-12

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 13-15

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. 16-20

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  10. >20

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. Believe it or not you two look at the market and see totally differnt things, and I look at the market and see something else entirely.

So the answers are of course going to be different based on what that trader sees and understands about the market.

Good trading.

#11     Apr 6, 2008
  2. Thanks for all replies in good willen.

Mandelbrot, peace. You do not know anything about me - it is always better have more friends, it is not?
    One thing trust me. I am very busy, if am asking something than I have reason for it.

allenhobbs, I am lurking in your journal.
    I know it is not easy. One day we can discuss a bit.

#12     Apr 6, 2008
  3. It's either 3 or 75, I can't remember.

#13     Apr 6, 2008
  4. Ok, if you are 3 or 75 we can understand that you do not remember. :D

Btw, I asked seriously. I simple do not have time to test is myself.

#14     Apr 6, 2008
  5. LOLOL, there's definitely something to someone who sees the humor in these threads. :D

Good trading.

#15     Apr 6, 2008
  6. pick a number, any number.
    all you need is a net 500 dollar difference per day.

regards
    f9

#16     Apr 6, 2008
  7. Ah, and there's some sage wisdom.

He gives a sliding scale of risk management of from >20% to <1% with an offhand comment ... I might not like these asinine threads (don't respond unless you fall into a certain category - LOL, the OP is completely nullifying the best way to get information from ET), but I sure do like discussing trading with you guys. :)

#17     Apr 6, 2008
  8. try this for a good question.

" I have been studying hard now for two weeks, three days 15 hours, 10 minutes and a bunch of seconds and I am now ready to start live tomorrow.

My question is.....

Which bank do you think that I should deposit my earnings in each week, or do you think that I should do the banking daily.

Only serious replies por favor."

regards

gung ho

#18     Apr 6, 2008
  9. Mandelbrot, I am always telling to my students that if they do not bother study the problem and make necessary experiments they do not need bother try solve it.

Excuse me, you do not have any information about me, nor you do not have any information which type of information I need. You are assuming what I need.
    Can not you be wrong? What do you think? Who knows which information I need - do or me?

It is possible that my voice is calling in desert on these boards - you are very possible right - but I hoped that some
    top trader, or as minimum somebody who thinks that it top trader will reply: My real results show that it is possible get XX dollar per contract. Unless you are better trader than me it is not probable that you will have better results, If you are worse you will have worse result. Nothing complicated.

I know that pool is expressing just what the most thinks, feels, guess.
    But as minimum I received 2 seriously looking replies, thanks for it. They can or can not be trustworthy. But in any case better than nothing.

#19     Apr 6, 2008
  10. What a ridiculous question!

And only Susana and Fearless have provided any worthwhile conceptual answer.

The correct answer does not live in the number of contracts per trade, period. What's that, your system is based on volatility? Well, throw a few more contracts at it! What's that, your system is based on intraday trends? Well, throw a few more contracts at it! What's that, your system does not use hard stops? Well, throw a few more contracts at it! What's that, your system uses 1pt hard stops? Well, throw a few more contracts at it! Wait a minute, dog days are coming.

The correct answer lies in your ability to recognize change and successfully deploy an appropriate strategy and style of trade, suited to the dynamic nature, intraday and otherwise, of the market. As Susana said... some can do it with 1, some can not do with 100.

Osorico

#20     Apr 6, 2008