How many charts do successful traders use per symbol??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Rashid_G., Oct 19, 2011.

How many time frame charts do you use per market?

1. 1

17 vote(s)
    23.9%
  2. 2

24 vote(s)
    33.8%
  3. 4

9 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. 5

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  5. Other

17 vote(s)
    23.9%
  1. I worry about you Rashid. You don't have a charting problem, you have a psycho problem. And that is not a put down. You start out simple and keep adding until it all gets too confusing and then you try to just get back to simple.

If you ever find something simple that works let me know.

If you find something complicated that works don't waste my time. I already tried that.

You should read my book, "How to Always Make a Woman Happy Without Listening"

#31     Oct 22, 2011
  2. LOL... my psycho "problem" is I keep expecting to get it all and as soon as a setup doesn't do that... change it!

#32     Oct 22, 2011
  3. If all you do is watch ES year after year, the mind becomes quicker than a chart. You don't know their names, but you know the guy who always trades 9 lots. You already know how the chart is going to look so what's the point of looking at it?

#33     Oct 22, 2011
  4. you think your special?

#34     Oct 22, 2011
  5. Courage, Patience and Flexability

#35     Oct 22, 2011
  6. spd

spd

Ive seen some characteristic behavior watching TF time and sales, like a stream of 8 lots taking the offer, but I guess I just haven't been able to put the pieces of that puzzle together. Footprint charts give me the window into order flow I can integrate.

Obviously, the only wrong way to trade is the way that makes you lose money. So if people need 15 timeframes up or just a DOM, go for it.

#36     Oct 22, 2011
  7. there's also quality of life to consider. If you like charts, trading without them may make you money but not make you happy.

#37     Oct 22, 2011

8. the old times are gone.
    its time for you to realize that and change your alias in newtime.

we are living in the online age. Everyone can have access to any kind of information, you just need internet....

BTW, i use 19 timeframes for every product......and look at them all the time !!! From 5 min to 2 monthly.
    I dont hold trades more than 1 month, so i dont need more.

cheers.

(oldtimer, i will call you from now on "newtime" ):p

#38     Oct 22, 2011
  9. goslow

goslow

That you're so consistent leads me to ask: what platform/DOM do you use, and what symbols do you trade? Thanks.

#39     Oct 22, 2011
  10. spd

spd

Yeah, our pal Newtime :D

#40     Oct 22, 2011