How many brokers have you used?

Discussion in 'Options' started by FXguy123, Jun 17, 2005.

How many different options brokers have you used?

1. ONLY 1

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. 2-3

14 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. 3-5

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. 5+

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  5. 0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. FXguy123

FXguy123

Hey everyone,

So, in my other post I've found out people reccomend basically 3 or 4 different brokers. I was wondering, though, how many different brokers (online, for options) have you guys used?

Feel free to post replies, but just answering the poll would be great!

Thanks

2. svrart

svrart

Lind Waldock
    Ira Epstein
    Vision
    LaSalle
    IB
    ETrade
    Ameritrade
    National Discount Brokerage
    Charles Schwab

3. =======
    5;
    IB and OX are the best for me.

4. copa8

copa8

lind-waldock
    ameritrade
    etrade
    freetrade
    ib
    optionsxpress

5. Years ago (approx 10-15 yrs ago) when I was into buying options on a daily basis I used Waterhouse....use to use their touch tone phone trading...I didn't even own a computer back then......I had nice trading with them and had quite a bit of fun hanging out at their Palm Beach office at the time..

When I made the decision to get back into buying options again not that long ago, I spent quite a bit of time reading reviews of all these new (new to me) brokers to use and I decided on Options Express and have been 100% satisfied with them..

6. FXguy123

FXguy123

23 responses already - amazing!

I am surprised so many people have used so many different brokers.

What caused everyone to change so much? What is your main motivator when you are choosing a broker?

Also, assuming a few brokers offer the same commission, what would you look for in choosing one of the five or so brokers you have used?

OH! One more question: what sort of time frame have you guys had 5 or so brokers over?

Cheers!