How many are short?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MarketOwl, Jul 7, 2011.

1. This market feels like one huge short squeeze that started last Monday and has gone on for 10 days. Still a lot of nonbelievers in this rally and a ton of traders looking for a pullback. I think we break new highs in S&P by late July early August. To the moon Alice!

2. will848

will848

I am short but not a big position. I couldn't care less anymore about the position, this market is bullshit.

3. Blotto

Blotto

Was tempted yesterday, thought we could be topping.

I listened when the market failed to go lower...ES wouldn't have stopped at 1326.50 if we were going lower - blew out of my position at 1328.

No position trades now...my short was wrong. Just day trading.

4. they are all short. and getting shorter all the time

[​IMG]

5. This is a fake move. There is no underline fundamentals for this unless some have inside information not released yet.

I shorted Qs at the top @$59.35 today. Small position. Couldn't care less.

Volume has been declining steadily along this rally. Bad sign.

6. Not net long, NO shorts.

Booking the over-bought and entering into energy.

Volume declining isn't a negative divergence. Consistent with summer. Also means "less sellers".

7. Covered short QQQ @ $58.51 + $0.85/share

Enough for a weekend at a 5* hotel, airfare paid.

8. mikeenday

mikeenday Guest

why the rush?
    it's Friday, and next monday will be big gapdown.

9. Good point but I have to spend realized profits. Cardinal rule:)

10. You and I seem to have taken a short view at the same price level and time! (see below).

I however think we shorted the wrong EFT. We should have shorted the SPY instead.

I bought puts, but surprisingly IV actually fell/didnotchange on the puts I bought---It should not happen, but it happened.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=222992&perpage=6&pagenumber=27

#10     Jul 8, 2011