How many active traders are there in the world? What OS do they use?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bearmace, Nov 13, 2017.

1. bearmace

bearmace

The visitors are primarily US-based, I assume? Do you have the broad geographical location of this OS data trend by any chance? I'm trying to design a trading product and a large segment of my client base would be international forex traders.

#11     Nov 13, 2017
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

No, that data is global data, not primarily US.

#12     Nov 13, 2017
    bearmace likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Baron is laughing all the way to the bank with a Linux variant. Sneaky smart I tell you!

#13     Nov 13, 2017
  4. What's the data set here...are we talking unique visitors, page views, sessions created?...

And to the question, I presume you mean speculative traders? Otherwise, that would include nearly everyone who engages in economic activity.

#14     Nov 13, 2017
  5. truetype

truetype

Yeesh. It's only an approximation anyway -- ET visitors are only a tiny subset of the universe of global traders.

#15     Nov 13, 2017
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Unique visitors.

#16     Nov 13, 2017
  7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Tiny indeed but I think its a pretty good cross section of the overall trader population.

#17     Nov 13, 2017
    truetype likes this.
  8. Crazy question.

If you're going to use the term " active trader", then you need to set some parameters.

IMV.... We're ALL traders. Some short term, some longer term, some very long term.

The only ones market participants who are not traders (actual investors) are the ones who inherit stock from grandma and leave it to their kids in their estate.

#18     Nov 13, 2017
  9. DeltaRisk

DeltaRisk

Less than ten thousand. It's not 95%, it's 0.001. Retail has almost no chance.

Inheritance is the reason most of them decide to trade. Ironically, the richest I've met have never been able to adapt.
    I've met many wealthy, but for some reason their kids can never replicate.

You can take the Kennedy family for example. Why aren't they worth 80 billion now? Old joe had the fix, but markets change.

#19     Nov 13, 2017
  10. ajacobson

ajacobson

Worldwide ? Retail ? 200,000 + mainland China and Hong Kong. South Korea another 20 - 25,000. India more than 20,000. Myramar another few hundred. Singapore a few thousand.

#20     Nov 13, 2017