How many "active traders" and which brokerage firm?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by msumner325, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Thanks for the replies to my previous post. Alot of brokers listed on this site are for futures, commodities, forex etc. I'm trying to find a complete list of brokerage houses similar to Scottrade, ETrade, Fidelity etc. I don't believe all of the ones I just listed are "direct access" brokerages, right?

For example on this list http://daytradingstocks.com/resourc...ingbrokers.html Scottrade isn't listed. I'm not quite sure why and if there are others that are like Scottrade but aren't listed here I'd like to know what they are.

In the end i'm trying to figure out how many traders are considered "active traders" (12+ trades per year) and which brokers have the most active traders as clients.

2. i make at least 50/70 trades per day and i consider myself reasonably active....anyting less than 5 trades a day and it's sorta of passive trading imo.

3. The most active traders will be those with direct access platforms... scottrade , etrade and fidelity are NOT direct access, they are web based. I make about 10+ trades a month.