How Made Up Is News? Quite a Bit

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Trend Following, Jul 19, 2012.

1. let that be a lesson to you. Don't stir up shit in an election year.

#31     Jul 20, 2012
  2. Who cares if the news isn't real as long as you correctly anticipate the reaction.

Citron did a hit piece on VVUS today. Are they right? I dunno, but when Citron goes after a stock it has a habit of falling A LOT in a short period of time, i.e. 5-10 minutes. Yesterday it was Muddy Waters going after EDU and so on and so forth.

If you're not trading the news you're making this way too hard.

The real key though is to get the news before most other traders.

#32     Jul 20, 2012
  3. and just how do you get the "news" before the market does?

Do you have special elves? or flies that sit on walls?

Please, tell us more about "the real key"

I am just dying to learn how to get the news "before most other traders"

You must really be the man if you get your news before most other traders do

so that's the key

thank you for sharing that with us

#33     Jul 20, 2012
  4. I was going to answer you then I thought about the tone of your post and changed my mind.

Next time you ask me a question, don't come off sounding like a jackass.

#34     Jul 20, 2012
  5. MKTrader

MKTrader

#35     Jul 20, 2012
  6. piezoe

piezoe

That's not at all what he said. Perhaps you should listen to Obama's complete statement, rather than the parsed version. You're making a fool out of yourself to keep repeating this nonsense, I suppose as heard on Fox..

Repetition does not make an incorrect statement correct.

Whenever I hear a statement interpreted by the media, and the statement, as reported, seems absurd, I like to look up the original statement in its entirety before drawing conclusions.

#36     Jul 20, 2012
  7. sorry for the disrespect there Deadwood. Just how, may I ask, do you get your news before most other traders?

#37     Jul 20, 2012
  8. MKTrader

MKTrader

But when a major mainstream news org smears millions of innocent Americans with an made-up, guilt-by-association ploy and all they do is issue a terse, 2-sentence apology....it's all OK, apparently.

#38     Jul 20, 2012
  9. piezoe

piezoe

No, of course not. But a retraction and apology is better then nothing. The problem for many news organizations is that they are so anxious to get the jump on their competitors that they sometimes put out nonsense without stopping to confirm.

I think we are all aware of that.

#39     Jul 20, 2012
  10. I just assume I am an average person, and everybody else is more or less as intelligent as me. If I can see through the lies, I assume they can too. Don't confuse news with entertainment.

May I ask, have you ever changed your mind based on a campaign ad?

Or for that matter, ever switched brands of beer because you like the pretty girls in the ad for the other beer?

What makes you think you are so damn smart and everybody else is just a mindless idiot swayed by the media?

It's the old, "I know it is a lie, but all the other stupid people don't."

#40     Jul 20, 2012