How Made Up Is News? Quite a Bit

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Trend Following, Jul 19, 2012.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

#21     Jul 19, 2012
  2. Brass

Brass

Advancing countries have increasing standards, whereas in an undergoverned Third World country you just need to be on the currently dominant warlord's good side.

#22     Jul 19, 2012
  3. Yes, I do, and it works pretty well actually. Bonds went up right after jobless claims and again on the housing number and philly fed. It works if you know what you are doing and have access to the number relatively quickly.

#23     Jul 19, 2012
  4. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

The point of my original post? Much of news is made up. Not real. Seems a difficult reliance...

#24     Jul 19, 2012
  5. there's a lot of preplanning and anticipation involved

when I started trading forex, it took me a while to learn how important news is

no news, and all you see is big candles

as a matter of fact, on news day you can throw your technicals in the trash, and if you want to trade them, your historical data would be much more technically "accurate" if you eliminated all the news moves

#25     Jul 19, 2012
  6. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Many of you are talking about 3rd world country straw men--awesome.

Bush was an idiot for saying he would suspend free markets to save them, and Obama is an idiot for saying government is responsible for entrepreneurs.

#26     Jul 19, 2012
  7. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

The folks responding don't know what you say... Americans have to protect their "side" and if their political team says something inane they will go along with it even if they plunge off the cliff.

#27     Jul 19, 2012
  8. for instance, I was just watching tv, and I see that Asad, the evil dictator of Syria ia a really bad man.

I know this because I saw it on tv

and anybody who disagrees with me is a complete idiot

(and most who agree with me are also, because they don't know what the hell they are talking about. All they know is what they saw on tv.)

#28     Jul 19, 2012
  9. Eight

Eight

Two Obama team members are talking, one says "Fred, you're lying", Fred says "yes, but wait, I'm not finished"

#29     Jul 20, 2012
  10. Eight

Eight

yeah and we just barely got done taking out that bad guy in Libya.. what was his name? The news outlets dropped the story like a bad habit..

#30     Jul 20, 2012