How long until the U.S. economy crashes?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by strantor, Jan 5, 2012.

How long until the U.S. Economy crashes?

1. in the next 2 years

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. in the next 5 years

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. in the next 10 years

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  4. in the next 20 years

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  5. It won't "crash" per se, but die a gradual painful death over many years

13 vote(s)
    36.1%
  6. The economy isn't going anywhere, Strantor is just paranoid.

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  1. strantor

strantor

What are your thoughts?

2. Mvector

Mvector

my vote is < 24 months - I think we lose world reserve currency status in next 12 months - I have my reasons

3. As soon as everyone becomes bullish which is rapidly nearing.

4. 1929, 1980 (more or less), 2001, 2008. Making allowances for that long space between 1929 and 1980, and the increasingly shorter ones more recently, it averages to once every 20 years or so. That's the safe vote.
    If we keep on thinking, as we have since 1980, that ever more reactionary economic policies are correct, they'll be more frequent. If not, not. The evidence from the past is pretty clear on that.

5. zdreg

zdreg

it will be more frequent because governmental actions to fight natural ups and down of the economic and business increases instability.

the idiots in government are acting as if a recession is the greatest calamity that could befall a country.

6. strantor

strantor

what's the likely extent of the damages from the upcoming collapse? What can I do to prepare? Where can I find some good reading on the topic?

7. US Economy will crash sometime in 2012 as soon as US and Israel find an excuse to attack Iran.

Here is how this is going to happen.

US Warmongers Pentagon and their financing parent The Fed. They are used to attacking the defenseless. Afghans, Iraqis, Vietnamese, Serbs to name just a few.

Attacking Iran will be a major miscalculation because China and Russia will enter the war themselves. Iran will fight back with terrorism because it is the only weapon they have since they don't have nukes.

You will see terrorism in US cities in the next 12 months increase 5000%

Causing mayhem to the ordinary people while our leaders rush into underground complexes

And that will be the end.

8. Iran is doing whatever they can to get the US to attack them.

I hope they do. I hope the US blows the shit out of Iran with Big Bombs.

Blow 'em up and get it over with.

9. Doing what exactly? Why don't you ask your Israeli friends about their nukes and their terrorism.

oh Sorry, Israeli terrorism is called covert action and is perfectly legal.

You must be 12 years old if you still believe that.

here a thread for you
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?postid=3406272#post3406272

Not to mention you want to blow up Iran at risk of US economy. You wanna see lots of dead people on CNN, I get that. But are you sure it'll pay off :cool:

Teenagers on the internet :D what can you do.

10. zdreg

zdreg

#10     Jan 6, 2012