How long until chasinfla leads Don in posts?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TickerWatcher, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Can we say "Pot and kettle?"

with love,
    bungholio

#11     Jul 4, 2002
  2. rs7

rs7

Chas does all those posts; true. HOWEVER, what is the average LENGTH of his posts?

Chas does about 4.3 posts for each of Darkhorse's, but how many words per post? My vote goes to the DarkOne for quantity of words...

Now if you want to go by sheer volume of kilobytes, then Chas may leap ahead again because the jpeg files take a lot of space.

But then Don has his ever-present image on his banners....another factor in determining the telling use of zeros and ones. Or are they considered exempt bytes?

So, as we can see, this entire subject is not only of staggering importance, but it is a complex issue to resolve with any kind of certainty.

If we were to take into consideration the QUALITY of the posts, we open yet another kettle of fish.

Fortunately, we have just the right blend of great minds here to assess all of this.

What is the over/under for the number of responses in this thread before it fades away? Here again we have an issue worthy of our collective intellect!

Now it is the fourth of July. Should holidays and weekends be included or excluded in any stats? Should they be kept separate like post-season and all star game stats?

What are the rules?

Once again, I find myself pondering the overwhelming. Weren't we just discussing the size and age of the universe? Here we go again. Mind-bending stuff!

:) :( :D :p :cool: :mad: :eek: :confused:

#12     Jul 4, 2002
  3. trdrmac

trdrmac

I would say that Chas, Darkhorse, and Don Bright are all very prolific and more often than not are interesting to read. While I find the fart humor and bad mouthing of vendors by many to be fun it really doesn't add value.

The aforementioned almost always add value to the site and take time to put forward well thought out posts. Which is probably more valuable in the long run than not having people who post consistently.

#13     Jul 4, 2002
  4. keep up the posts chas..it ain't a big deal! :)

#14     Jul 4, 2002
  5. rs7

rs7

I agree that Chas should keep it up, but I think it IS a big deal. While I was attempting humor in my previous post, I think that ALL the contributors here should be commended for their input. I am impressed that so little is said here that is hurtful or mean spirited. I really believe this is a positive forum and that just about every participant means well and has something of value to say.
    I have not participated in a bulletin board like this since before the web was a practical entity (seems hard to believe it was relatively recent...about 1992). At that time I was a regular at a guitar newsgroup. (alt.guitar----you guys remember the days of alt-dot?)
    Anyway, there was a subject that you would think would be less divisive than trading; yet there was more mean-spiritedness and bickering there than here by far. I think we should be collectively proud of ourselves for the good feelings and valuable sharing that we do here. And for the humor, the good nature and the good intent that is found here.
    Happy Independence Day and Good Trading to all!!!

#15     Jul 4, 2002
  6. lol

#16     Jul 4, 2002
  7. peter77

peter77

You ever have a picture in your mind of someone..... I think Chas is female, maybe like Dr. Ruth

#17     Jul 4, 2002
  8. lol

Chasinfla makes a real contribution, and is definately female, probably more like Julia Roberts or Maria.

#18     Jul 4, 2002
  9. peter77

peter77

Yeah, I agree Chas does add a valuable element to this board...

#19     Jul 4, 2002
  10. Where do you find a woman with that much energy?

#20     Jul 4, 2002