How long should it take to get a response from tech

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by ProgrammerGuy, May 30, 2008.

1. Say you email the tech dept of your broker at 9:30 am EST, it is a question that'll take say 3 minutes to respond to.

When should you receive a response?

A whole day has gone buy and I haven't received a response and call me crazy, but I think this is entirely too long.

What your opinion?

2. burst

burst

If you are with IB you better hope reincarnation isn't just a myth

3. although I don't agree w/ that and believe IB's support is great, That sure is funny :)

4. olias

olias

strange things can happen to email, both to and from your broker. It's nice to be able to call your broker and get live support on the phone. I don't know if your broker offers that.

5. Most aim to respond within a day. There are variables such as the amount of support staff available, who's capable of servicing the issue, and whether they care about retaining you as a customer.

A few years ago, I sent a request every two weeks or so via one broker's web-page-based request form asking if I could get my PDT restriction lifted, but got no response for a couple months. I suspect that since I only had a few thousand dollars in the account, they didn't feel like it was worth devoting any effort to this. When I phoned them, I got an immediate response, and in retrospect I should have done that at the beginning.