How long it took until you find the right trading software?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by cornerstone, Jan 27, 2019.

1. billv

billv

LOL keep looking. It is true that the majority of the brokers offering this trading platform don't want us to win (because they keep our trades in-house) but like I said before, a trading platform on its own does not make a trader profitable.

We still need to have experience and a profitable strategy, so it doesn't mater what software we use, if we don't have these 2 key ingredients we are not likely to succeed.

#11     Jun 8, 2020
  2. Opcodes

Opcodes

mt4 is ok after the broker already eat your profit by 10pips minimum and swaps

mt4 is so shady it's almost a scam, metaquotes is a russian software company and we know how things are in russia

#12     Jun 10, 2020
  3. billv

billv

The main reasons for most people using Metatrader 4 are:
    Cheap and easy user customization, thousands of free tools and indicators plus a free data feed.
    MT4 is like a tool, it either meets your needs and you use it or you don't.
    There are others out there which have a better data feed but are costly, inflexible and are not easily and cheaply customizable to the extend MT4 is.

Regarding MT4 and Metaquotes being shady, I would be more focusing on the brokers offering MT4 and screening them as much as possible before I sign up and I would not be too concerned about the software being shady or the software's country of origin.
    https://www.metaquotes.net/en/company/contacts

#13     Jun 10, 2020
  4. Have explored (not in detail but just features, cost) of Amibroker, Metatrader5, Metastock, Multicharts. Of all im trialling Amibroker , getting my head around but there is definitely a steep learning curve. Amibroker is more affordable, AFL code wizard - it works but still need to explore as i cant understand no.of things like plotting codes how to write them etc. But one advantage is- Amibroker is popular in India where there are many developers if you want to hire to custom code if you struggle. It is the fastest for backtesting apparently but im still in the process of trialling.

#14     Jan 3, 2021
    Peter8519 likes this.
  5. treeman

treeman

I’ve always struggled with the right software, but I keep coming back to thinkorswim. My needs are basic- and I prioritize mobile over everything. Any thoughts on who has the best mobile app- charting and trading? If there’s something better than tos, I’m game to try. I’m pretty exclusively a futures trader, long holds.

#15     Jan 12, 2021
  6. Mobius Trader 7 is better trading platform if you want to trade or start your own brokerage business

#16     Jan 28, 2021