How long is QQQ gonna be in this range?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1a2b3cppp, Jan 22, 2013.

?

Poll closed Jan 23, 2013.
  1. It will break out on Wednesday, 1/23

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It will break out by Friday, 1/25

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It will break out after Friday 1/25 but before the close on Friday, 2/1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sometime after Friday, 2/1

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. I didn't see the ES falling when I made that post.

I'd understand if the S&P fell because of Apple since Apple is in the S&P.

I know there is some correlation between the indices.

#21     Jan 23, 2013
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

That thought crossed my mind as well, although of course there is usually some correlation.

No apology required one way or the other.
    It's been years since I read his books or looked for such chart patterns so it's certainly possible my soon to be 52 year old memory is the one in error.
    Since you're familiar with his work I'll assume you have access to it to verify one way or the other.

#22     Jan 23, 2013
  3. Dow and S&P wont crash much during afterhours in the same way as nasdaq has (down nearly 2% now),
    since the nasdaq tanking is completely due to apple crashing 10%, thus directly dragging nasdaq down 1stly due to its 5% weight of the index, and 2ndly due to the amount of panic and short-selling pressure its causing instantly on the other technology stocks,
    which as are all weighted in nasdaq causes instant crash of 2%.

When dow and s&p futures open properly though (about 8am UK time), there will be a very bearish sentiment for the day spread across the market,
    and especially due to how extremely overbought dow currently is i expect both those other 2 indicies to follow nasdaq down by falling atleast 1.5-2%.

#23     Jan 23, 2013
  4. Guys am I missing something? The only thing I see going down is NQ and maybe the ES a little bit.

Dow looks fine.

#24     Jan 23, 2013

5. Just give it time... :)

#25     Jan 24, 2013
  6. Looks like a big up day for the ES :confused:

#26     Jan 24, 2013
  7. In fact, out of the S&P, Nasdaq, and Dow, the only one that has gone down at all during afterhours trading is the Nasdaq:

[​IMG]

edit - I accidentally cut the dates off on that image. That's a chart of the last 5 days with the current day being today, January 24th.

#27     Jan 24, 2013

8. Yep the market did not do what i had expected it to do. :mad: :(

Whilst dow is extremely overbought now it just seems incapable of falling even 0.5% - 1% ever anymore for some riduculously strange and illogical reason.

Im just dumping the dow and focusing on shorting the dax instead now though.

#28     Jan 24, 2013
  9. bone

bone

It's OK not to argue with the market. And less painful.

[​IMG]

#29     Jan 24, 2013
  10. Seems like we're back in that range.

#30     Jan 25, 2013