How long have you been in the market?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 0008, Nov 15, 2002.

1. 0008

How long have you been in the market? I mean the time period that you are actively trading.

2. A little more than a year and a half, grinding it out daytrading. Have been faced with learning a lot about myself in that time period. A whole lot. :)

3. "Striving to stay somewhere between pulling corn and digging potatos" simply put for me, means not getting too high or too low, emotionally.

When I first started trading I ended each day exhausted from emotion. Well it stands to reason that a man can become consumed with fear, when the reality hits him that he has jumped into something with both feet, not knowing what the heck he is doing. :p

4. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

A little over 2 years
    Wow, the tuition was expensive!

5. shyhh

shyhh

Did you mean Don Miller's course ? :D

6. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

No, the 100K I lost before I figured out how to trade. Hell the 800 bucks was CHEAP compared to that!:D

7. Aaron

Aaron

You mean that goes away after awhile? If I could just move some euphoria from the good days to counteract the nausea from the bad days...

8. Mister X

Mister X

What's it to you? Are you writing a book, or something?

9. VictorS

VictorS

Personally, I thought it was a good question. It gives you an idea of who is posting on the boards.

10. Mister X

Mister X

Only idiots and morons post...

#10     Nov 15, 2002