How long have you ACTIVELY trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hermit_trader, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Only those who are actively trading should vote. And only the time period that you were trading actively count. Thanks!

2. Full-time for 3yrs

but in the business for 6....so i just checked 3-4

Enjoy the long weekend everyone!
    :D

3. ETRDR

ETRDR

ONE WAY OR ANOTHER SINCE 1979, BUT CURRENT SYSTEM 4+ YEARS

4. TGregg

TGregg

Just over a year of full time. And I mean, just over - by less than two weeks.

5. Part-time, but almost everyday since end of May, 2003.

-FastTrader

6. Isn't it funny how there's a big gap at "4-5 years"?

It could have to do with all the trading hype of 4-5 years ago. Most of those who entered that time got killed in the Naz bubble and decimalization bang.

Those who have been trading for over 5 years were experienced enough, and prepared to see it all coming, survive and adapt.

Those who started 3 years ago basically were rats to evolve after the post-decimalization-and-bubble-burst holocaust, born under the most cruel conditions, genetically modified to withstand and co-exist within bearish radiation, while the pretty new white mice of 1999 got irradiated till the bleeding tumors of bull-market amateurism burst. The new generation started and evolved expecting the worst. LOL that even rhymes.

Just speculation.

~Scientist

7. 2 years part time.

8. T-REX

T-REX

4 yrs.
    Started research and backtesting in 1994 and started live trading in 1999.

I have been actively trading since 1999
    I have traded everything from "Pork-Bellies" to "Crude-Oil to "Gold" to "Soybeans" to E-mini S&P 500 & NASDAQ 100 Futures Contracts (my favorite).

:) :D :p :cool:

9. August 3 1998 was my first day of FT time trading.

The day after, the Russia news broke, then LTCM..talk about an introduction!

Still here...

Best,
    David

10. Full time for 1 year and 3 months

#10     Aug 29, 2003