How long does Pelosi have left?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, May 15, 2009.

1. i am trying to understand the right wingers glee over this. they claim that they told nancy they were torturing but she didnt stop them? that helps republicans how?

#21     May 16, 2009

2. I am not so sure that it is a matter that the Republican argument is that Pelosi had ample information to have raised the issue in 2002 [although it appears she did]....I think it is more the hypocrisy of her push for punishment of the previous administration and her call for a South African / Zimbabwean type "truth panel"......

#22     May 16, 2009
  3. We're just reminded of the famous scene from Casablanca when the Inspector declares that he is "shocked, shocked I tell you" to find that gambling is going on at Rick's, just before Peter Lorre brings him his cut.

#23     May 16, 2009
  4. I think I read the post you refer to but I'm letting you know my opinion which I think is supported by data that Pelosi is the Dems biggest liability.

While (I think) your argument is that since the Dems. picked her to lead the house that they did not think her to be a liability has merit. I disagree and have data to support it.

That is like saying that since the GOP has let Rush become defacto party leader that he is not a liability. TO me and many others he is liked by a few dittoheads and has great ratings but is widely dispised by most Americans.

To wit:

A recent poll has Rush at a 19% approval and Nancy at 18%, something remarkable to be disliked even more than Rush. That both party leaders are that bad says a lot about the general dissatisfaction people have with the current crop of politicians, except the O man who still enjoys a remarkable level of support.

from a March CBS NEWS poll:

"“Limbaugh’s Favorable Rating: 19 Percent,” shouts the headline at the top of CBSNews.com tonight. A look, however, at the PDF of the full CBS News poll results, posted at 6:30 PM EDT Tuesday, pegs House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's favorable rating a point lower at 18 percent ...."

Also, another poll, shows that over 80% think she is lying about the CIA briefing. That makes me wonder what is wrong with the other 20%.

"Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) is now lamely trying to say she confused the Bush administration for the CIA while an MSNBC/Newsvine Poll shows that 83% of Americans say she is lying about what she knew about harsh interrogation being carried out during the Bush administration. "

I'm not sure what you mean by "how things work"; that sounds like a conservative meaningless sound bite to me. Please elucidate and explain this to us all.

Seneca

#24     May 16, 2009
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

That's exactly the problem with Pilosi, she is doing this for HER CONSTITUENTS in San Fransisco. They will believe her, and since she's only held accountable to them, not too all of us, unless the Congress itself has the balls to act all of us as American's are going to be stuck having this woman "represent" us.

#25     May 16, 2009
  6. Obama might have a chance if he would get rid of the sycophants surrounding him. Starting with Emanuel and Holder. All these assholes are going to do is cause division and ruin his presidency. That is assuming of course that he is not just like them. Surely there are some Demos closer to the center.

Pelosi and Reid are jokes. Talking about being out in left field and out of touch.

It is quite obvious he is getting piss poor advice.

#26     May 16, 2009
  7. When exactly did Rush become the leader of the Republicans? I must have missed it. Was there some secret vote that place? That is an idiotic statement.

Ohhh I think I understand, James Carville, George Stephanopoulos and Rahm Emanuel said he was so that must make it so.

#27     May 16, 2009
  8. and that means of course, he is not.

#28     May 16, 2009
  9. According to Carville, the dems will be in control for the next 40 years. So I'm not sure why the left is so damn obsessed with the republican party.

#29     May 16, 2009
  10. Why is the left so jealous of Rush's success?? Is it because Air America failed so bad?

#30     May 16, 2009