how long does it take to become consistent

Discussion in 'Trading' started by samir84, Jun 16, 2010.

1. samir84

samir84

I have been with a prop firm for a while and was just wondering on average how long it take for a person to become consistant as a daytrader

2. Retief

Retief

You must have infinite patience grasshopper, which means I don't know. From what I've read, only a very small percentage ever becomes consistently profitable. How long have you been with the prop firm? What kind of prop firm is it? Did you have to put up a deposit or pay a training fee? Is there anybody at the prop that is consistently profitable?

3. 2 years MINIMUM. That's what your expectation should be.

4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I'm very curious about the answer those you work with at the prop firm had given you ???

Mark

5. samir84

samir84

to respond to Retief it really doesn't matter what prop firm. I just wanted to get a general consensus from other successful daytraders. and to answers Mark's question i haven't asked others as most of them are not yet consistent, but the ones who are took on average 9 to 15 months.

6. Retief

Retief

I think it does make a difference. If you're at a churn-and-burn firm that preys on new traders, it's going to take a long time to become consistent. The transition is likely to be much shorter if you're at a legit prop shop that has an interest in seeing new traders succeed with a historically successful training program.

7. schizo

schizo

Unless you're someone like NoDoji, I say 5 years at a minimum. As a nihilist, I say it requires 10 years to become self-proficient. By then, you should readily comprehend your flaws to chart your own path to success.

8. Took me 15 months, had profitable months before that. Then after about a year I lost it and had to start from scratch.

9. bstay

bstay

minimum 2yrs fulltime.

10. 25 trade-days to become a consistent .... loser.

To become consistent winner, it takes infinity in time and money.

#10     Jun 16, 2010