How long does 7 need to hang to get another 2 year window

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cornholetrading, Nov 10, 2005.

1. I just recently had a situation where I was in the process of hanging my Series 7,55, and 63 licenses with a firm. Although the firm notified me that I had been registered on behalf of that firm I still needed to take a continuing education class, which I am going to in the next day, before the whole process was complete. Now I have been told for various reasons, not due to me, that they don't want to hold licenses of traders. Now I look on the CRD site and it shows the firm as a previous employer from 10/05 to 11/05. I am still going to take the continuing education class since it is too late to cancel and I hope everything goes through.

Does anyone know how long your license has to be at a firm in order to get another 2 yr window? Also based on the above odd circumstances do you think I was considered registered enough to get the additional 2 year window. I having been trying to a hold of the firm to find out this info before I take the CE class but I doubt I will hear back before my test. This is all a big deal since I lose my previous 2 yr window and licenses at the end of the year.

2. Thanks I will try that out.