How long do you wait to jump in?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by eethie777, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Books ive read mention that you dont want to trade the first 15 minutes or half hour or 45 minutes.....I trade the first few minutes mainly for the adrenaline rush I guess......but how long do you wait before you jump in?

2. bdon

bdon

You jump in the when the right set up for a specific strategy your using is there.

3. Now a days with overnight trading of all eminis, I think price of future already are stabilize at the beginning minutes.

However with stocks its a completely different story, because some stock open ealier than others, prices will take some time to stablize.

4. As soon as I get a trigger. The first 1/2 hour can be the best trading of the day if you know how to trade it.

5. Agree. Sometimes I'll get a trigger in the premarket and carry it into the open but I'm very careful doing that because of the potential news that can come out before the bell.

6. At one time, I told myself to wait for 15 minutes to half an hour. That was written down of course. Now I don't see that rule in my method, somehow that rule was deleted. The reason for the deletion was that market provides good opportunities in the beginning. If you don't take them, you will regret during the quiet mid-day hours (Why did I hesitate? you ask youself). But then sometimes I got into a deep hole right at the beginning, and I found myself asking this question: Why was I so eager?

The real question that should be asked is no longer about when you jump in. There is a much deeper issue here.