How long did it take you to become a **consistently** profitable trader?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Iwilldoit, Jul 25, 2015.

1. you're right I should of made a poll like this.

Why don't you make this poll?

Make it public as well.

#41     Aug 26, 2015
  2. could you roughly describe your strategy?

#42     Aug 26, 2015
  3. kut2k2

kut2k2

Instead of guessing what leverage you should use, try optimal position sizing:

http://www.elitetrader.com/et/index.php?threads/a-new-kelly-formula.291307/

#43     Aug 26, 2015
  4. jinxu

jinxu

Man. You're lazy. Too lazy to even try to look the title up. No wonder you're here asking irrelevant questions on how to trade. It doesn't matter how long it takes other people take to learn. If you're lazy, it's gonna take you longer regardless.

#44     Aug 26, 2015
  5. fxwizard

fxwizard

If anyone wants to know the objective answer: "The market repeats every 4 years."

There is nothing new under the sun. Same patterns that happened a century ago still applies today. Same sh1t that happened 4 years ago will be found again this year.

Gaining market experience is just recognizing the same patterns over again (that happened 4 years ago).

You can sort of cheat though if you play multiple markets. Each market behaves like a separate entity.

Just b/c the same patterns in this market won't repeat for another 4 years doesn't mean it won't appear on another exchange tomorrow!

#45     Aug 26, 2015
    Iwilldoit likes this.
  6. Please dont come on my thread assuming stuff

I forgot to put the poll up , lool at my other threads i have a poll

Why dont you answer the questions in the survey

#46     Aug 26, 2015
  7. If this is indeed true, then you deserve a nobel prize ...

6 months? I am shocked and impressed.

#47     Mar 15, 2016
  8. You and your Nobel Prize! You idiot!" --The Duke Brothers, ~Trading Places, 1983 movie
    [​IMG]
    :p

Learning to trade is actually relatively easy and quick -- but actually fine tuning your craft...can take years to finesse.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    #48     Mar 15, 2016
    K-Pia and Handle123 like this.
  9. Basically, trading is zero-sum game before fee+tax. Therefore roughly half can be winners, relative to the (market average) index.

However, after fee+tax, it is known that ONLY 5%~10% can be winners, after fee+tax in the long run

#49     Mar 15, 2016
  10. Handle123

Handle123

Well, not necessarily true, half can't be winners, you have heavier traders doing few hundred contracts to thousand(s), then you have few hundred to thousand(s) traders doing one lots. Another reason why 5% are making most of the profits after fees and taxes, once you learn how to play the game well, no point in doing a one lot and once you start adding lots, really snowballs number of contracts.

#50     Mar 15, 2016
    d08 likes this.