How long did it take for your IB security card replacement to be shipped?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Maverick2608, Nov 29, 2017.

1. The battery on my Digital Security Gold Card went dead. I have ordered a new Digital Security Gold Card, but it has not been shipped yet.

For those of you who have tried ordering a replacement Digital Security Gold Card, how long did you wait until the card was shipped?

I am aware of the IB Key App and use that as well.

Thank you.

2. I was of the impression that it would be shipped the next day. But I am on day 3 and it has not shipped yet.

3. ktm

ktm

I was told it would be shipped the following week. It arrived about 7 weeks later.

Maverick2608 likes this.
  4. Thank you so much for your answer. I am with the UK arm of IB. Was your experience with the US or UK office?

This is what I was informed in the process of ordering the new device:
    "The Security Device will be express shipped to you on the same day if we complete the verification of the address before 9:30 AM local time on a business day. Otherwise the device will be shipped on the following business day."

5. ktm

ktm

US office of IB. I received a notice at first as I had an older device, then responded by upgrading via chat and online in Acct Mgmt - was told device would be en route in a few days. A few weeks later I get another email saying lockout would occur soon if no action from me. Chat verified action had been taken by me weeks prior and device was on it's way. A few weeks more another email threatening closing order only status without immediate action. Checked with IB again and was told to ignore that email...device arrived about a week after that.

6. Ok, thank you again for your reply.

I had to forward proof of address. I contacted IB via chat and was told that the proof of address had to go through compliance for clearance. It has been cleared now.

Did you have to proof your address?

7. ktm

ktm

No. The rep on the first call had my correct address. Hope it will arrive soon for you!

8. Depends on where you live. You should contact their reps and request emergency login codes which should be good for 20 times I think. If you asked for the plastic one it will never run out of power(mine had little strips starting to fall off, so I made a photocopy as backup, problem solved).