How long did it take for you to be profitable in daytrading?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by profitplay, May 30, 2006.

How long did it take for you to be profitable in daytrading?

1. 1 month

25 vote(s)
    7.6%
  2. 6 months

50 vote(s)
    15.1%
  3. 1 year

26 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. 2 years

22 vote(s)
    6.6%
  5. 3 years

22 vote(s)
    6.6%
  6. 4 years

11 vote(s)
    3.3%
  7. 5 years

22 vote(s)
    6.6%
  8. 6 years

5 vote(s)
    1.5%
  9. 7 years+

21 vote(s)
    6.3%
  10. I am still working on becoming profitable

127 vote(s)
    38.4%

1. hey that sounds really good. i myself like to be a trader someday.. when i have some money to trade with. what do u trade? and how active r u, like how many trades do u make a day? how long have u been successful, and why are u not like making more money if ur strategy works? thanks

#41     Jun 1, 2006
  2. If you actually traded before,

you will understand of course there is money in intra-day trading.
    Movements happen all the same no matter if its on a monthly frame or a tick frame, All of them move in the same way, just difference of frequency and $.

Each entry into a swing trade, you can see there is money to be made instantly if timed right, some people just wait for the wide gains, while other people wait for the short gains.
    There is no better or worse in the $$$ values, except wide gains tend to not materialize while short gains tend to materialize more often (less time for external selling/buying to buoy the prices)

The better or worse would be in the quality of life.

You have to be a complete idiot/non trader to think there isn't.

#42     Jun 1, 2006
  3. Adobian

Adobian

People might take 6 months or one day to be profitable. But 9 in 10 will lose all in the next 6 months or so. :)

:)

#43     Jun 1, 2006
  4. :D :D :D

#44     Jun 1, 2006
  5. Batman,

I understand you are more than likely just a child and this is just your form of "smack" to cause trouble and get a rise out of adults. So congrats, you are sitting behind your computer typing nonsense evoking responses.

Now on the off chance you are actually just a twit, who seriously believes what he is saying, I am going to come at you ONE last time.

To tell people who have been paying mortgages for years. Who have been successful intraday consistently for years, who have been paying taxes on income well into the 6 figures for YEARS, to come on this board and say you are a kid that knows it can't be done is just unadulterated idiocy.

Having unsubscribed to this thread, I am hopeful this will be my last response. I can't believe you are for real, but IF you are, I seriously suggest opening your eyes and taking things in before making such an ass of yourself.

#45     Jun 1, 2006
  6. sdtrader, they say when u get mad, go fill up the bath with cold water, and stick ur ass in it. apprently it works, maybe u should try it.:D

as i said before, i've given my opinion, and if u can't take it, don't read it. no need to rip ur ass about it. everyone have the right to give their view. i wonder how u actually trade with the attitude u have. u must be one hell of a asshole when u lose money. take it easy.

p.s. i respect all those who work hard, paying morgtages etc. i didn't say anything bad, i just said i don't think day trading is a good idea.

#46     Jun 1, 2006
  7. Atlantic

Atlantic

no problem. of course it depends on where you come from and where you live.

#47     Jun 1, 2006
  8. I think it would be best for you NOT to give your opinion on daytrading or trading in general on these forums. I'm not heated, I'm not mad at all. I am saying this for constructive purposes only. I just really think that it does no good for other new/aspiring traders to read your posts and take the advice of someone who isnt associated with the business. It truly doesnt matter that you know traders, visited IB floors etc. Until you've actually commited your time, energy, passion to trying to succeed as a trader, you'll never truly be able to have a reasonable opinion. Maybe a year or so from now, if you've tried your hand at the game and still feel this way, then your opinion would count a lot more. But as of now, please, just stick to posting about things you are familiar with and leave the trading posts to people in the trenches everyday. Thanks

Steve

#48     Jun 1, 2006
  9. He admits he`s not a trader...yet gives advice.

Batman is more like the boyblunder. Welcome to ignore land.

#49     Jun 1, 2006
  10. q: (Traders Magazine Interview 2004) how do you handle distracting thoughts and emotions?

a: (The Worlds most Successful Trader - Paul Rotter - aka "the Eurex Flipper"): when it gets really bad - taking a cold shower or jumping in a cold swimming pool.

I think it would be difficult to just stick your ass in cold water - I think it is better to have a whole body shower in cold water. I usually kneel or crouch down when I have them because I can withstand the shock of cold water on the body - somehow the crouching position acts as an insulator against the pain of cold water. Two or three times a day is good. Good point you raised there Batman.

http://www.trading-naked.com/paul_rotter.htm

#50     Jun 1, 2006