how long can the markets go up 1% a week

Discussion in 'Trading' started by noob_trad3r, Feb 11, 2011.

1. S2007S

S2007S

So we have a guaranteed 20-25% risk free money making market ahead of us, sounds good, now what happens after the spx breaks out to new highs and heads to 1600? I mean when does one sell and take profits, I think by the time the spx starts to near new highs everyone who was out of the market will probably be about 99% back in, what happens when it collapses again. I say just open the markets 20% higher on monday and let the games begin, why have this long drawn out process when everyone knows its guaranteed to go to 1600 like you say.

Only thing is back in 2007 when the market peaked no one had charts of SPX 1200, 1000, 800 or even 700, everyone was predicting SPX 1600, 1750, 2000 and so on. I feel the same thing happening now when 98% of people are saying stay long and no one saying its time to sell, this is the same problem that always happens. Everyone always says its different this time when in reality its not, the same thing will happen again, and again and again and again.

#21     Feb 11, 2011
  2. Shagi

Shagi

Your job, assuming you make your living from the markets, is to make money on this record bull market. When it happens you short stocks.

#22     Feb 11, 2011
  3. kashirin

kashirin

there is no possibility now to make more than just to buy and hold

everybody who trades - underperform

so the only thing left for those who trade just to be ready when sell off starts
    this is the most important moment

this must be a center point of any discussion on this forum, this forum can survive only if we have sell off

I remember 2007 slow grinding up, day after day after day
    vix below 10. it was even worse than now but we got our sell off and 2 super profitable years

#23     Feb 11, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

WTF are you talking about? I need to get out my gibberish translator to figure out what you just said.

#24     Feb 11, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

He doesn't trade, he doesn't invest. He just posts 20 times a day about the markets with no skin in the game. A truly unique individual.

#25     Feb 11, 2011
  6. kashirin

kashirin

so clever guy I assume you make more than 60% p.a?
    looking to your 7000+ post I believe you're the one who don't trade

#26     Feb 11, 2011
  7. Shagi

Shagi

This is why folks don't get it. Waiting for a sell off. Yeh sure sell off comes prices go down 1% and yippie yahoo and then what after that - it rallies 50%. You get 1% and miss 50% because you think prices are too high.

Dudes/Guys/Gentlemen/ Ladies - know when and how your bread is buttered.

#27     Feb 11, 2011
  8. NoDoji

NoDoji

#28     Feb 11, 2011
  9. Shagi

Shagi

Maverick - I don't usually post 20 times a day - do the maths - and yeh I don't trade I'm a sim trader. Thank You For Your Time. :)

#29     Feb 11, 2011
  10. kashirin

kashirin

this what you don't get
    sooner or later this thing will go down
    1% is not sell off
    open 2008 chart and see what sell off means
    but because you think market can go down only 1% you will buy another dip on margin and then 10% down you will get a margin call

#30     Feb 11, 2011