How Lobbyists Run Washington

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Banjo, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. sorry I disagree with publicly funded elections.

I think in nyc the city chips in 5- 6$ for every private dollar,the system still blows, except now they spend tax dollars too!

I dont' see a problem with lobby, I have issues with bills being attached to other bills, as pelosi put it "You have to pass the bill to see what's in the bill".

The second problem, is sloppy laws in Congress. They just fail when it comes to good law.

Which end up being decided in court.

3. Get rid of government scumbags with their hands out and it's the end of the problem.

4. pspr

pspr

With a little exaggeration, that is exactly how it works. Sometimes the legislator will say this is what I want to propose and the lobbyist in that area of expertise will write the bill making sure any angle that will help his employer is in the bill and at the very least there are no provisions that will damage is employer or industry.

The problem is that Congress passes the legislation so reform, like term limits, goes no where. When they are forced by an angry public to make reform they just write something that is weak and ineffective and tell us how great it is.

In short, the process is broken and unfixable.