How is your day trading experience of 10-Year T-Note (/ZN)?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by heispark, Jun 21, 2019.

1. heispark

heispark

/ZN always has the highest volume (according to barchart.com), but its lower TF charts (1 or 5M) don't look very 'smooth'. I am 5-15M scalper when it comes to Futures trading. Last year I tried this product for a couple of times but its rough candle moving made me somewhat scared. How's your experience of trading this product as a day trader?
    Thanks,

2. drm7

drm7

I think most of the ZN traders on your timeframe use DOM/orderflow and scalp a few ticks at a time. Charts really get washed out in the noise, unless it is a Fed Day/jobs report/trend day.

John Grady at NoBSDayTrading is a fan of the ZN.

ZTrader888 and comagnum like this.
  3. Can I venture a guess? You are not profitable and never have been. Am I correct? You are talking a completely wrong approach to trading

4. heispark

heispark

No, you're incorrect. I am profitable and have been profitable trading mostly Forex. (I traded Futures last year but soon came back to Forex). I am just not familiar enough to Futures markets and products. There are thousands of ways to skin a cat you know....... :rolleyes:

5. traider

traider

Are you trading currency futures? There isn't consolidated DOM in spot forex, how can you transfer your skill set?

6. heispark

heispark

I trade currency futures last year. Now I trade spot forex exclusively. I don't need DOM. Personally, I use harmonic patterns, support/resistance or supply/demand. It works to me.

7. And if you were profitable trading currencies why would you not stick to currencies then?

8. heispark

heispark

When my fund and trade size grow, the execution quality is important as my trading style is now rather close to scalping. In addition, Forex is rather range bounded in nature while commodities and stock indices are more trendy. I can make more money if the market has strong momentum and trend. Even my Forex broker Dukascopy is highly respected broker, I am a bit skeptical if they're fair enough like Futures especially when it comes to CFDs. Also, trading cost and spread of CFD are much higher than Futures. That's why I again want to include Futures products to my portfolio.

9. ZTrader888

ZTrader888

I trade the ZB, occasionally the ZN. Forget charts and candles. Order flow using the Jigsaw DOM is the best way to trade financials (IMO). If you're a scalper, order flow is an absolute must. You can't scalp financials off a 5-15 minute chart. Nobsdaytrading.com is the best education for scalping.

10. bone

bone

How on this earth do you trade Forex and claim profitability - but get “scared” and shaken out of a ZN trade? :banghead::wtf::vomit:

That concept has me perplexed.

#10     Jun 23, 2019
    heispark, ZTrader888 and Overnight like this.