How is William Ackman doing with that short HLF position?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by noob_trad3r, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Some guy at the store started talking to me asking me what I do ect. Then he said ,"oh great, I help entrepreneurs and small business owners succeed." I said, really, what do you do? Then he said he worked for Amway and wants to have a meeting to set up a small business for myself. Then I asked him straight up, do you make more selling products or recruiting more people .

Guy fumbled with words for a sentence or two trying to avoid the question and I said no thanks have a good day.

Is Amway the same type of thing? or is it legit? Aren't there "more legit" MLM like Mary Kay ect. out there?

95% of them are a ripoffs and folks should steer clear of any similar pitch IMO.

#11     Jan 10, 2013
  2. zdreg

zdreg

"Options are not free. The IV on those options would have been quite high so in addition to the cost of borrow he would have to pay through the nose to go long an options position as well."

if it is a bankruptcy situation within a reasonable time he will make money.

#12     Jan 10, 2013
  3. this drama is interesting.. players exposing there positions in their favor or possibly to their demise.. inside syndicates with interest in putting up stocks can't stop the bear run when there buisniess is a glass house.. i personally hate this any amway type of business. its a dirty virus

#13     Jan 10, 2013
  4. seadog

seadog

This is a broad stroke.MLM is like a lot of other schemes. Over promise, under deliver. Trading,insurance salesmen,car salesmen, pick a scam. Same concept. Some people do make money. B.T. Barnham" sucker born every minute".
    My idea of MLM is you make more by recruiting people rather then selling a product or service.
    Somewhere I read, people that have made money have done so by taking risks.Or they have inherited the money.
    Kind of off topic.

#14     Jan 10, 2013
  5. He is right that HLF and its kind are MLMs etc..

The problem is not being right, it is being right at the right time. “The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.”

Look at the guy who was short netflix, he was right but not at the right time and got a nasty scalping. NFLX did correct but not fast enough and it did not go in the direction he wanted fast enough.

#15     Jan 10, 2013
  6. I'm very happy with my cutco knife
    :)

#16     Jan 10, 2013
  7. Joe

Joe

#17     Jan 10, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.