How is trading a lot like dating?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jinxu, Nov 11, 2010.

1. chalice

chalice

Guys, I am not that smart to give my version of how tarding is a lot like dating, I just wanted to thank you guys for all the funny things you guys wrote here, I saved them to show to my fellow traders.

#21     Dec 16, 2010
  2. 'Tarding... :D Gotta remember that one.

As to how trading is like dating...

Remember man and woman have similar goals: she likes long, he likes to get rid of shorts.

#22     Dec 16, 2010

3. You'd be surprised how many alphas are sexually frustrated these days. Rules have changed... :D

#23     Dec 16, 2010
  4. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

dating is like trading in that:

Some days its like cake, your flooded with winners, other days, you got a stretch of scratch trades or losses.

One way or another, if its a good day or not, at the end of the date/trading day, you will be worn out.

The longer you trade/date, the more you realize how important it is to hold on to winners.

#24     Dec 16, 2010
  5. Trading is a lot like dating. You read shitty message boards looking for the holy grail.

#25     Dec 16, 2010
  6. schizo

schizo

Sell first and ask questions later
    Screw first and ask about STD later

Uhh, did I get that backward?

#26     Dec 16, 2010
  7. themickey

themickey

I've always thought having a female partner was like owning a large boat, a bottomless hole where you throw your time and money into, however I'm beginning to wake up to the trading similarities.

#27     Dec 16, 2010
  8. take emotions out of the market and you trade better.

trading is numbers game.

playing blackjack where the dealer knows everybody hands.analogy

but now the market index is like rigged game it just goes up...and every resistance is now support.

#28     Dec 16, 2010
  9. trading and dating..????

The moderators(where are you?) need to start deleting these stupid meaningless, garbage threads; its turning this site into a f**king circus :mad:

#29     Dec 16, 2010
  10. Badoit

Badoit

Both cost you money and you usually get screwed.

#30     Dec 16, 2010