How is Sabena gonna do in trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by RocketTrader, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Or, because he may realize it is not worth his time. I am sure he gets a hundred "challenges" a week. It is not even worth the effort to open the email, much less respond.

#11     Jan 14, 2003
  2. Sabena, until now I have accepted you at your word about your capability to make big money.

However, I am starting to get some serious doubts when I see you make a statement like : "The moment the results show up,
    he will also not reply because he will realize that he has no chance to win".

No matter how good one is there is always some element of luck in the outcome of a contest (any contest). So when you appear as cocky as that I cannot help thinking that you may be suffering from the 'King Kong syndrome' which makes one feel one is invincible.

A very dangerous disease which makes one ignore danger and as a consequence it is likely to be fatal to one's financial health.

We have now had so many pages of hype I feel it necessary for us to get some assurance that we aren't wasting our time looking at this thread.

So are you able to furnish one of us some proof that right now you are trading at a level commensurate with the (what seems to everyone like a lot of) hype, by sending us a mere one page monthly trading statement evidencing that you ARE indeed making large licks of money already right now ?

Even a statement showing a large credit balance would satisfy most of us I would think and would give you instant credibility.

There is no need to publish that a la Lundy style, on the Elite Trader site, we understand your right and need to privacy. Just sending it to the moderator or myself would suffice for all of us to know we aren't dealing with some paper trading dreamer.

Jack

#12     Jan 14, 2003
  3. sabena

sabena

You are right, it's about time that I start trading for real....:(

#13     Jan 15, 2003
  4. Is this whole thing because Larry Williams made some kind of public challenge?

Don't do it if that's the case. If you're not already trading. Trading is a real thing done with real money, and not to be taken lightly or done on a dare. So what if some self-claimed guru guy made some challenge. So what if you even replied publicly to that challenge.

First rule of trading is you have to respect your money for what it is. Don't treat your real money as a game, no matter how tempting that may seem. Especially in 2003. In 1994-1997 it might have been feasible. But not now.

#14     Jan 15, 2003
  5. Rather than doing it on ET... get in Robbin's Trading Comp. others to prove it...

Why do it in here?

#15     Jan 15, 2003
  6. sabena

sabena

I am NOT going to pay 20,-$ RT for an

E-mini......

Do you really think I am going to let

me ripped off.....:eek:

#16     Jan 15, 2003
  7. NO KIDDING!:eek:

#17     Jan 15, 2003
  8. MISSSNP

MISSSNP

Sabena, if you really think you're so GOOOOOOOOOD... then can you at least show us a hypothetical simulation of your "system"
    trading the emini 1 contract for the last 12 mos, with trade stats,
    i.e., drawdown, pfactor, etc.
    Now if you are a discretionary trader, then forget the whole thing,
    you don't have a prayer. You must be systematic, proven, statistically.
    So let's see you're hypotheticals.

#18     Jan 15, 2003
  9. sabena

sabena

SWISSAIR,

The truth is that Swissair ripped Sabena
    We paid way too much for leasing
    Airbusses from your company.

As you probably know, this is now under
    investigation.

So, Sabena was ripped of by Swissair
    but I am NOT going to get me ripped
    of by an American broker, no way......

#19     Jan 15, 2003
  10. sabena

sabena

Second,

I am a discretionary trader and I am
    going to show the world that
    intuitive trading is the holy grail.

The statistical analysis of the results
    will prove this beyond any doubt...

Or like they say in statistics, this
    trading is significant at the x % level...

I don't use any statistical method's to
    trade...

I recently contacted my ex-professor
    of statistics and he would invest his
    money with me if my trading would
    be significant at the 0.1 % level.

I told him that I didn't calculate the
    significance level yet but 0,1 % is
    very, very low........

He is very skeptical about the possi-
    bility to have a consistent edge in
    the market... I will prove him wrong..