How is order entered in automated systems?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by wyang, May 12, 2005.

1. Nana Trader. I was wondering what suggestions you would make to someone using a forex broker whose platform utilises Java. Basically I dont want to kill myself staring at the screen for 18 hours a day and effectively only inputting orders for 5 minutes of those 18 hours. I therefore want to automate my strategy. Unfortunately my broker is not FXCM or IB or Gain or any other of the most common brokers which work with auto software. They do however use Java script for there platform. Are there any software programs that dont specify which broker you must trade with? And if so will there software work with a java based platform. So far this thread has been the most informative that ive found in helping me find a solution. Although I havent had the code written yet I was anticipating using Tradestation Easy Language because of the large number of developers available. Also the obvious solution of changing my broker is not applicable here for reasons Id prefer to keep confidential. Otherwise Id use IB forex..:cool:

#11     Jul 29, 2005
  2. Who is the broker? So we can see what alternatives
    available to you.

Not many universal APIs can support Java.

#12     Jul 29, 2005