How is Jim Rogers so smart?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by simon1080, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Mecro

Mecro

China is a communist nation, there is no laissez faire about it. Just because there are minimal labor laws (which are not even enforced) and zero environmental regulations, does not make it laissez faire.

No immense resources either, China's only asset is an immense population of peasants easily subdued into becoming sweatshop slaves. This is something that has been designed for decades.

Really, economic growth means little when the nation is becoming a version of hell on earth. Check into USSR during the Stalinist era from an economic perspective. Industrialization & electrification of USSR leading up to WWII was heralded as an economic miracle.

#51     Sep 24, 2008
  2. :confused:

It's funny that when a person becomes VERY succesful, specially financially, there will always be morons out there that will critized those people. And those that critized are ussualy the poorest in their insdustry

#52     Sep 24, 2008
  3. yes is a communist country exactly in the same terms the USA is a capitalist country... it is my point of view is that, as of today, china is a more laissez faire economy than the US, but hey, maybe I am wrong.

china resources are the population which is increasingly improving its education level, plenty of land and culture that span millenniums. there is no other country that matches china in these fields.

i agree with your conclusions though. my point was directed towards the merits of writing a book on "how good" is to invest in china, not to start a discussion on china status quo.

#53     Sep 24, 2008
  4. A broken clock is right twice each day.

Jim has had some good calls, but he's also had plenty of shitty ones. If you keep saying the market is going to go down, eventually you're correct.

#54     Sep 24, 2008
  5. zdreg

zdreg

his bank account speaks for itself.
    envy is obvious on your part.

#55     Sep 24, 2008