How is it to work for Shell oil as a trader?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Port1385, Dec 11, 2008.

1. It's well established that you are clueless, stupid & emotional like a little spoiled girl.

You don't qualify. You don't even have the background for it and you do need a certain academic background or experience. The entry level jobs to get experience are basically handed out to friends & relatives. A monkey can do half of the scheduling & trading of power. And sometimes, they do.

#11     Dec 12, 2008
  2. monty09

monty09

I have to agree that most jobs like that go to friends or people in the know. Same with Real Time. The day they open most are filled within a few days and HR has to post online for the required 5 days. I dont see how a job like that would not be filled internally with a exp volume analyst. Thats what my shop does.

#12     Jan 3, 2009
  3. This guy does not have a clue about the physical gas markets... I do not think you have a chance. Gas Scheduling is not "fire fighting", but rather a complicated and important part of gas trading that requires an in depth understanding of the physical mkts..

#13     Mar 5, 2010
  4. From the presumed job description posted by the OP:
    So how's your knowledge of northwest region pipelines and the local distribution companies? That'll tell you your odds of being hired.

And I don't know how to say this without sounding like a dick, so I'll just say it: you're willing to work hard for a year before landing a plum job? A whole year? Damn kid, you're a regular fireball!

*eye roll*

Any employer should run screaming.

#14     Mar 5, 2010