How is it possible for IB to do this to me.

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by naked, Jan 25, 2008.

1. naked

naked

How the hell can IB skip measly 10 contracts as limit order waiting to be executed

10 cars on NQ or YM is nothing

my order should not be skipped even if it were 300 cars, let alone 10

If I place a market order I can have slippage problem but I can’t count on limit orders obviously

What the hell do I do.

All input is appreciated

2. switch brokers

3. def

def Sponsor

orders once placed at an exchange are filled by price time priority. if you think you should have rec'd a fill, send the time and details of the order to the help desk and they can track things down.

4. DerekD

DerekD

NQ & YM trades on Globex. Limit orders are native Globex orders. Therefore they sit in Globex and not on IB's systems. Globex operates on a FIFO algorithm. In the future, if you want to increase the likelihood of executing a Limit order on Globex, set your limit on the ask if buying, on the bid if selling. Or better yet, a tick outside the B/A.

Not IB's or any broker's fault unless the order is native to GLOBEX. If the order is a simulated type, then yeah, most likely broker fault.

5. doli

doli

How can we be sure that orders in the futures markets go to the exchange?

6. Tums

Tums

some people still live in the 1920's.

7. Way to contribute positively to a question. Bravo

8. DerekD

DerekD

Had to correct this part. Sorry for any confusion.

9. DerekD

DerekD

Look for the phrase "Direct Access." Invariably, all FCMs say this. It's cheaper (more effecient) for a broker to send the order through Globex's API than to build a redundant system that holds orders on their own proprietary servers for order types that Globex natively accepts.

Check this link for details about Globex:

http://www.cmegroup.com/globex/introduction/index.html