How is IB (IDEALPRO) for FX order execution?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by snackly, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Be careful to differentiate between edemo and the real sim account with ib. edemo is often complained about but is really only demonstrating tws facilities. Also be aware that one of IB's strengths is all the tools that are used with it for charting and order entry (sierra chart, ninja, zeroline etc etc) which also have simulation facilities.

#11     Aug 29, 2008
  2. IB's real time paper trading account is good, I've used it for a while now and compared it to others and I honestly haven't found anything better.

The spot FX trading is good as well. I've had a little slippage of a couple of pips during a big number but that's to be expected. Had I been at an Oanda and one of the retail shops the slippage would have been 10x the IB slippage.

One of the biggest lies about trading spot FX is that it's the most liquid market in the world. Complete b*llshit, it may trade a great deal in nominal terms but it's meaningless if you can't get a good fill.

Futures are better.

#12     Sep 5, 2008
  3. Hittfeld

Hittfeld

I must agree. Slippage trading the super liquid spot market is huge compared to slippage with futures.

Hittfeld

#13     Sep 5, 2008
  4. snackly

snackly

Is that true even when trading large volume lots? I am guessing the more you trade the more slippage you'll get in FX futures, no?

#14     Sep 5, 2008