How is everybody's health?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by qll, Feb 6, 2007.

1. any comments welcomed on what the best

health organizations are to be a member of ?

in my area for example

there is

atlantis
    ghi
    empire -anthem
    oxford
    hip

and perhaps another couple of health care providers

whom I seem to have forgotten

#21     Feb 7, 2007
  2. Mvic

Mvic

Blue Cross/Blue Sheild elect

#22     Feb 7, 2007
  3. ===============
    Blunt but true Hydroblunt;
    when cold water is consumed its unique on negative calories,
    since the body burns energy to warm it up.

Vitamins, minerals, outside walking help
    And like the health food that tastes good like oil on home cooked popcorn.
    Not 10w-40 texas tea, but oilve oil.:cool:

#23     Feb 7, 2007
  4. duard

duard

High deductible HSA

Contract with a competent boutique general practitioner singly without outside party middleman.

You get the best of both worlds. Lower cost care, excellent fast service, and coverage in the event of major medical loss.

Just a thought....

#24     Feb 8, 2007
  5. As everyone has said, exercise, eat well, and quality time with family and friends to keep balanced. The worst part about working in a prop firm office-- the company! Working at home really has its advantages....

#25     Feb 8, 2007
  6. It definately puts a perspective on things when you believe you only have 20 years left. Bad heart disease in the family. And I dont want surgery. I'm apt to take more risks because of this mentality.

Heart disease starts pretty early, scientists say it develops in your teens.

#26     Feb 8, 2007
  7. That is some of the biggest bullsh*t ever conceived by the diet "gurus" (same ones who in the 80s were advocating carb diets, even sugar diets).

How is your body going to burn fat if you barely give it a chance by constantly giving it food every 3-4 hours? Little known fact is that your body's key hormone (hGh) that is highly responsible for fat metabolism, repair, muscle growth and many other healing functions will not kick in as long as your digestive system is busy.

That's why Calorie Restriction seems to work wonders. Your body can return back to how it is genetically programmed to function. Find food, eat it, store energy for future use and then be prepared to possibly go for a day or two without food.

#27     Feb 8, 2007
  8. As you can tell by the time of this post, I'm still working on #2. :(

#28     Feb 8, 2007
  9. edil

edil

#29     Feb 8, 2007
  10. gkishot

gkishot

That's exactly right: small meals every 3-4 hours. People with stomach ulcer live by this rule. So should healthy people too.

#30     Feb 8, 2007