How is everybody's health?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by qll, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Is that REALLY necessery? I didn't know trading was that demanding... :confused:

#11     Feb 6, 2007
  2. #12     Feb 7, 2007
  3. Calorie restriction WORKS. It is a natural function for the human body to starve and work off stored fuel. The body becomes very efficient and is able to redirect resources to cleanse itself and upkeep.
    Just make sure those restricted calories don't come from Twinkies.

Do a fast and a detox also. Buy a juicer, do lots of vegetable juicing.

#13     Feb 7, 2007
  4. i call this the trading trap....where you become magnetized to your screens....very easy to fall into & difficult to get out of this rut.
    a strict regiment of workouts & eating clean for 2 weeks will create an effortless routine.i need to be of sound body in order to be of sound mind in order to trade well & feel the way i need to feel to be succesful.

9am...breakfast....oatmeal,Oj,vitamins.

9:30 -11:30..trade

11:30 -12:30-1pm.....errands,hit the speedbag or light cardio on the treadmill with handweights to shadow box.....basically clear the mechanism.

1pm...done with lunch

1pm-3:30.....trade

4pm....stretching & weights for an hour...M-W-F.......Thai box on T-Th.........off weekends.

if anyone actually exerts themselves on a steady basis ,the last thing they want to do is decrease their caloric intake........it`s frequent,small meals every 3 to 4 hours that will help speed your metabolism & burn body fat.........plenty of water will detoxify the body & thin you out as well as enhance your complexion.diet is 75% of the battle & dictates your appearance.

i`m not saying it has to be done to this extreme but even if you incorporate 30 pushups every other day with a 1 mile walk in between days will get the endorphins flowing & get you feeling better about yourself.....more importantly gives you something to build upon to develop a routine that accomodates your lifestyle no matter how simple or complex you choose to make it.

#14     Feb 7, 2007
  5. Gym

#15     Feb 7, 2007
  6. Like hires like. It seems to be a subconscious thing but I have seen it over and over. Hiring and decision making staff seem to gravitate towards folks who are like themselves. Call it 'office culture'. If you do get hired into a 'opposite culture' you might find yourself very lonely. And I see many who try to conform and start to aquire the bad habits of those around them for acceptance - hey, you spend half your life with those people you want to be on good terms - understandable. Maybe you start going to happy hours instead of gym. Maybe even smoking to 'bond' with others in the frequent smoking area breaks and so on. On other hand I have worked in really healthy active environments where everyone mountain bikes after work instead of happy hour.
    Choose wisely.

#16     Feb 7, 2007
  7. and have sex!

#17     Feb 7, 2007
  8. alone or with someone?:confused:

#18     Feb 7, 2007
  9. Whichever you prefer...

#19     Feb 7, 2007
  10. ChrisM

ChrisM

Also try swimming. Once in water, the rest of the world is so unimportant.

#20     Feb 7, 2007