How I was banned from TheologyWeb

Discussion in 'Politics' started by I am..., Mar 31, 2009.

1. I just told them they had everything to gain and nothing to lose.
    That seemed too good to be true.
    It raised suspicions.
    So I got banned.

Christ! :D

#31     Apr 1, 2009
  2. Here's someone else who was temporarily banned for posting in the "Christianity 201" forum. Ormly had upwards of 5000 posts at TheologyWeb before they figured out he was not orthodox enough to be in the "Christianity" section. When he came back, he opened a thread in the Psychotherapy Room titled:

What constitutes being labeled "unorthodox" or "orthodox"?

Here's an exerpt of what he had to say....

Here's how he describes himself to a mod:

Here's a sample of mod response:

#32     Apr 1, 2009
  3. Here is a masterpiece of doublespeak. It's open... but it's not.

If the mission is to be double-minded and forked-tongued, this would make sense.

#33     Apr 1, 2009
  4. More weird stuff.

It turns out that at TheologyWeb, eschatology can only be discussed within an "orthodox" framework.
    Here is the forum rules for Eschatology 201.

I have no clue what most of these terms mean. I only know that the OP asked a simple, open question:

So I wrote up a beautiful essay, as "other", explaining exactly what it was, and was not. I basically said it was a reference to resurrection, unbeknownst to the NT scribe. I went back recently to check on it...completely missing! I found my post in the Psychotherapy Room, completely gutted of it's content. Where the content would have been, I found this message from a mod:

:confused:

Christ!

#34     Apr 1, 2009
  5. Even more weird stuff.

In "Theology 201" forum, the OP asks:

Seven posters followed up saying, basically, "no!"

I followed with two excellent essays on why solipsism is a better paradigm when approaching the truth as Jesus understood it.

The content of those posts was completely gutted.

Here is an excerpt of the mods reason:

:confused:

By the way, I was cited with two "infractions" for these two posts in favor of solipsism as compatible with authentic christianity, which caused me to be banned for two weeks.

Christ!

#35     Apr 1, 2009
  6. Struggling for words to describe what is going on at TheologyWeb.

Jackie Fox, venting in the Psychotherapy Room (for registered eyes only), was just too eloquent to pass up:

In her bio, Jackie describes herself as a lawyer. :D

cirisme, is a Charter Member and Chancellor with 23,755 posts, whose bio includes:
    Beliefs:
    Eschatology: Futurist , Pre-wrath Rapture
    Various: Cessationist , Eternal Torment in Hell

He replies,

Christ!

#36     Apr 2, 2009
  7. Bickz

Bickz

You registered at the aforementioned website with the full intention of seeing what type of trouble you could cause.

That is not Christ-like. That is not being enlightened. That isn't even been moderately intelligent.

Your actions are immature, childish and brightly display your lack of character.

#37     Apr 2, 2009
  8. Illum

Illum

Sweet, I hereby proclaim myself equal to God in every way.

#38     Apr 2, 2009
  9. Perhaps, but f**n funny to:D

I guess the irony that jeburs christ did exactly the same thing by claiming to be god, starting a cult that somehow got vast numbers of its followers killed not being labelled" immature, or at least irresponsible, even childish and lacking character, is lost on some people.

#39     Apr 2, 2009
  10. Eight

Eight

OK Overlord! I went to the site and registered, posted about things and got a personal message from somebody that wanted to know more... so far, not the expected reaction. The thing is those people are intellectually trying to figure out spiritual things and I'm spiritually making real sure I don't get into the intellectual things because you said in your book [Kudos on the world's all time best selling Book btw] that the Word [which can mean both Yourself and the Book] is spiritually discerned... so far I'm doing fine really, nice peaceful relation with the site so far... I guess I need to get busier and maybe meet some of those people head-on when it's obvious they will never get the spiritual discernment thingy down the way they are going... nothing like fools in their folly I always say... so fun to watch.. especially when they get red faced, arm waving mad like the guy I used to work with... he died of heart failure too, go figure..

#40     Apr 2, 2009