How I stopped making the same mistakes in 2010 and started to make more money

Discussion in 'Journals' started by thinkfirst, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Day 24

On trade today, short GMCR.

I think it's time to stop updating this journal and p/l thread on the daily basis. I've accomplished my goal and I'm able to stick to my rules now. What really helped me is writing my plan and my emotions in my journal. Then reviewing my trades and my notes after the close. Nothing new, we've all heard this before, but it does work.

My journey of self-discovery as a trader by no means is over. I hope I can contribute more to ET once my p/l moves to a new level.

+461

#221     Apr 20, 2010
  2. NoDoji

NoDoji

Ooohh, I'm jealous! I watched GMCR for weeks and weeks looking for a breakdown signal, then when I started trading futures I forgot all about GMCR. I never thought it would break that hard in one day!

Nice work :D

#222     Apr 20, 2010
  3. Placebo

Placebo

you said you were going to go 30 days without breaking your rules

#223     Apr 20, 2010
  4. Thank you NoDoji, I didn't catch morning move, was just trading it at the later part of the day. Nice break for those who shorted couple of days ago.

#224     Apr 20, 2010
  5. Yes you are right, I did say that. However I feel that at this point my goal is accomplished. It's really not about how many days I would go without breaking my rules rather about developing proper mind set. I'm happy to see that I trade based on my plan and experience and while I still have same emotions we all have: fear and greed, I'm capable of controlling my actions while trading. I'll keep you guys posted on how things go from here, but posting daily updates in my opinion provide little to no value to ET and myself at this point.

#225     Apr 20, 2010
  6. sam0182

sam0182

I'd absolutely vote for an end of the week recap, if you would find it to be any benefit to yourself.

I've enjoyed following along, thanks!

#226     Apr 20, 2010
  7. nice job, good move. the public journal actually does not help lot. but do post your P/L, that will help us to achieve higher level P/L.

#227     Apr 20, 2010
  8. 24 days of this is about 341 days too short...

#228     Apr 20, 2010
  9. Good point, I think an update in December 2010 with total p/l will be interesting to see.

#229     Apr 20, 2010