How I saved $10,000, sorry Gurus

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BestGuruEver, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Qwerty

Qwerty

Quote from mynd66

I'm not buying any of these apples to orange analogies supporting the fact that unprofitable traders can make good teachers. The fact that someone can not make money trading would probably mean that they sure as hell cant teach trading.

You can continue mynd66 in your strong belief(to your grave) that a trader who does not show proof that he can make money cannot teach either, but ultimately who the hell is going to care anyway. Wake up, we live in a capitalistic world & inevitably there will always be people that seek to exploit the ignorance of others for profit. A so called trading guru is under no obligation to disclose his profit & loss column to you or anyone, nor is a trader under obligation to pay him anything either, if a trader does not like this, pay him nothing, no one will be exploited, incredibly simple. So you really can't have your cake & eat it too can you mynd66?

It's utterly pathetic to hear traders just complain & complain how gurus are out to extract money from them. It's up to investors & traders to separate the wheat from the chaff & some unfortunately are horrible at separating fact from fiction until it's too late & it's usually money that is lost as a penalty for not being properly informed. There is a learning curve involved in this business of trading & struggling traders are repeatedly seeking a quick solution to their problem that typically requires months or longer to reach proficiency, otherwise they bitch, it's not sensible to think that way.

And just because a trader can show proof that he can make money does not insinuate that he's also a good teacher & vice versa, any dummy should know that.

#51     Jan 1, 2009
  2. mynd66

mynd66

Hey I'm not arguing with you, your post makes total sense. A few people on this thread were saying that they would seek mentorship from someone who may not be profitable... which in my opinion is a waste of time. I gave up on seeking mentorship. I have learned the hard way of spending money on a mentor who was teaching the same information that you would find on the internet or in books. Yes that was part of my learning curve, learning what not to waste time and spend money on. No one is going to sell you a treasure map unless they can sell it for more than the treasure is worth which is usually the case. I am learning by doing and watching the market trying to take advantage of opportunities that I see. This site is a gold mine for information as well as many books out there. But as you said separating good from bad is challenging. Determining which book will provide the best education, trying to ask the right questions and who has good answers is not easy. All I get is little tid bits of usefull information here and there and thats all I need cause I know the rest is up to me.

#52     Jan 1, 2009
  3. I have trading statements that "Prove" I can make money trading,

But I don't think it "Proves" another person whom I mentor can make money.

If you tune into our room at Puretick.com you will see a trade called out and there will always be traders in out room either passing on the trade or even worse, doing the opposite.

You would wonder why someone would pay me $299.00 for a trading education then try to do the opposite.

If you understand that you will understand why most traders lose.

Take some of the newbies on the ET site. You will see them post doubts about Puretick etc. What do you think would happen if they joined the Puretick room.

When a trade was called they would freeze. They spent so much time doubting that their mind was already made up.

got to get the head on right, before trading profits can acrue.

Successfully,

Alex L. Wasilewski
    Co-Founder & Head Trader
    Trades That Work
    www.puretick.com
    1-877-GOLONG1 (1-877-465-6641)

#53     Jan 2, 2009
  4. vset

vset

If you are a good mentor please contact me. Send me private message.

I trade since 2000.

I want to improve profits.

Regards,
    vset

#54     Jan 2, 2009
  5. nursebee

nursebee

I say kill the gurus.

If I trade based on advice the trade is still mine.

#55     Jan 3, 2009
  6. Sure you do.

And I have a scorecard from Augusta National that "Proves" I made a hole-in-one twice in a week on the 12th hole.

If you wanted to prove anything about your trading, Alex, you would have a long time ago, but instead you merely claim your greatness behind a microphone in your room and in these forums, but have never produced a shred of evidence. That is an undeniable fact. In that regard, you are absolutely no different than your fellow Internet gurus, Franz Shoar and Sam Baum.

So, here's another invitation to "prove" what you say is true; namely, you make money from trading (not vending).

I'll pay for your subscription fee after you register at Collective 2 www.collective2.com. Just label your system PureTick, or Alex is Great or whatever turns you on. If you have any technical difficulties setting up your account, Matthew Klein will help you. This won't cost you a cent.

Then, each and every one of your live trades will be transmitted to C2 directly from your data provider, so we can compare that Performance you post on the web to a live trading account. You won't have to do anything new or different while your trade IN A LIVE CASH ACCOUNT to distract you to get those trades logged into C2. It wil be handled seamlessly through the wonders of electronic data transfer. No one will ask for your personal trading statements nor to speak with your broker.

If after 60 days, those C2 trades are within 10% of what is posted on the Puretick Performance History section, I'll donate $1000 to a charity of your choice in the the name of PureTick, Alex L. Wasilewski or whatever you choose. In 60 days you can single-handedly silence the multitudes who doubt you and use this as greatest free marketing tool you could ever dream of AT NO COST TO YOU.

This is a no lose proposition for you and will surely help grow your business. PM me to get this moving along.

p.s. Don't cop out with that Tiger Woods or LeBron James analogy. They are undisputably great at what they do. Let's see if you really are too as you claim.

#56     Jan 3, 2009
  7. Now your just advertising for collective2.com

Actually what I plan to do is this. We are going to do is just post the scanned statements from the managed fund in the next 30 days or so. If you want to know more about PN (our managed fund) private message me and I'll get you in contact with the head of that division. Thanks

Cajun Sniper - Co-Admin PureTick.com

#57     Jan 27, 2009
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

I told him pretty much the same months ago, but for some reasons he doesn't seem this as the best advertisement for Puretick ever.

Well, for that matter JH could do the same...

I don't doubt they make money, I just would like to see a better, more analizable trackrecord.

#58     Jan 27, 2009
  9. Well its a moot point now. You can just see the status of Alex's hedge fund. It's audited and now we are registered with the NFA.

#59     Jan 27, 2009
  10. This is actually the only way I'd believe anybody making claims of trading prowess. If you're not on c2, then it's just paper trading to me. I've seen no one post PDF's of their brokerage statements, so I conclude they're lying. C2 traders are an elite group.

#60     Jan 27, 2009