How I saved $10,000, sorry Gurus

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BestGuruEver, Dec 26, 2008.

1. danielc1

danielc1

What I mean as a professional in there field is that they are 'good' in what they do, for example teaching and modeling future traders into succesfull traders...

It does not mean that they have to be a trader to do just that....

#31     Dec 27, 2008
  2. danielc1

danielc1

No, it does not make sense that they are actually being good in making money. It make more sense if they(the teachers) can 'teach' somebody else to make money in the markets...

References means everything, but you must ask the right questions... And a question like 'how much money do you make as a trader' is not the 'right' question if you seek somebody to coach and train you in this field.

"so you would take your child on a plane knowing the pilot has only read books on how to fly?"

This is remark is taking the hole matter out of its context, I hope you can see that...

#32     Dec 27, 2008
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Not everyone is motivated purely by money is a fact. One of the best plastic surgeons in the world is a professor at University of California and he makes about $450,000 a year salary. He could make millions, maybe even tens of millions, in private practice. All kinds of celebs and high end clients use this guy, but they must be missing something coz obviously if he was any good he'd not bother to do the teaching thing.

#33     Dec 27, 2008
  4. I am a 100% in agreement with you!

I do not think the OP is serious about learning, and may have some maturity work to do which comes mainly with time. He will understand things with passage of time.

#34     Dec 27, 2008
  5. There are certain human who would teach even if you give them only $1. There is some particular reward in teaching. It is the same as why people raise children. It is not to expect the child to come to their rescue at old age, but because it is a human thing to raise/teach. It is non-monetary.

#35     Dec 27, 2008
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Agree. There are all kinds of reasons that people teach, in some cases it can be pretty profitable, but in most cases the best teachers would do it for nothing. I think in the case of "trading systems" the very act of buying one of those done for you systems tells you how much the "trader" buying the product is actually willing to commit to the process of trading.

#36     Dec 27, 2008
  7. You are absolutely right

The "system" that makes the difference is the one that develops inside the brain of the trader.

The edge is intellectual.

#37     Dec 27, 2008
  8. You guys are missing the point.

OK, so someone will teach for $1. OK, they love teaching. OK, OK, OK..

my point is, before they do it.....have them prove to you they actually make money!!!!!!

There are clowns on this site and youtube that want us to believe they make money, but I want them to prove it first.

the guy who teaches and makes bank, has proven his credibility.

PROVE YOU MAKE MONEY.

#38     Dec 27, 2008
  9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I'm not missing your point, but I can gaurantee you that from a business point of view the guru is not hurt at all by not showing his results, so if you don't buy he does not care. Like I said Vadym from Realitytrader had his audited a few years ago, and it made ZERO difference to the bottom line, not one bit. The people who complained still complained, the people who wanted to buy that type of product still bought it. In some cases showing the income actually could hurt the guru, for example. Let's say the guy makes an average of $15,000 a month trading, that's a nice living to most people - but to some people that's not what they thnik of at all when they think of all the money they can make trading. When they see that the "big bad guru" is "only" making 15K per month they are disapointed as it damages the dream that they have, thus they don't buy. You can argue with me about this point all you want, but I've tested it and seen it tested in the real world. Maybe I didnt test it right, maybe my data source is bad (mostly ET members btw), but that's what I found in the real world of gurudom.

#39     Dec 27, 2008
  10. Brandonf...

you make a good point.

thanks.

#40     Dec 27, 2008