How I saved $10,000, sorry Gurus

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BestGuruEver, Dec 26, 2008.

1. I will pay 100$ if somebody can make me profitable. :)

#21     Dec 26, 2008
  2. Are you talking about this guy John Novak of nexgen, who can predict a hole in your wallet? At least you didn't spend $14k on an indicator.
    [​IMG]

#22     Dec 26, 2008
  3. NoDoji

NoDoji

Visit the chat room and as soon as I announce that I've covered a short position, short that stock immediately and enjoy the additional profit that I left behind by covering too soon. After a couple days you will say, "Wow, I AM profitable!" Then you can send me $100 :p

#23     Dec 26, 2008
  4. mynd66

mynd66

For $100 I can give you something that will make you a gaurenteed one time profit of $50. But to make it hassle free just give me the $100 and I'll give you the $50.

#24     Dec 26, 2008
  5. Handle123

Handle123

There are only two books that I ever recommend for studying the markets, both written by John Hill.

Scientific Interpretation of Bar Charts 1979 and
    Stock and Commodity Market Trend Trading 1977

#25     Dec 27, 2008
  6. Hey Guru,

Check out the analyst at freetradingvideos.com, you might find what you're looking for there.

I know a lot of traders recommend a mentor to move to the next level. I can't afford one my self so I'm plugging away at text and practice.

I would careful about who you give your money to. I don't think any mentors would be running around selling themselves.

Why don't you make a list of ten people that you would like to learn from. Contact them. Ask them what you can do for them, to receive training from them. If you don't score there, try the next ten. You know what they say, there are only seven people between you and anyone else in the world. Or is it six, maybe four I can't remember.

#26     Dec 27, 2008
  7. danielc1

danielc1

Hmmm, I do not agree that a 'mentor' has to have a track record or even must 'trade'.

The best coaches are people that are professionals in there field. You need somebody with 'insight' and outside perspective to make you a 'great' trader and developing others in to great traders are other skills then trading for yourself. That is why many traders can not teach.

The reason for my succes is commen sence and I have used methods that are teached by 'non' pro traders like Ari Kiev, Van Tharp, and so on... These people made my trading more profitable then any other 'real' trader that showed me some technical system they use and I could not 'duplicate'...

I know there are people out there that teach there systems, but that is developed for there personality and will mostly not work for you. Then you will have a 'track' record that he/she made money, but guess what? You likely won't duplicate the results...

And of course there are 'many' people that are out there claming to be a mentor and just run with your money.

So, commen sence, doing your 'own' research and asking a lot of questions to 'gurus' will help you more to decide that this or that person will be able to help you then any 'trackrecord'. And if you have made a decision to follow somebody and it was not what you think it was or should be, ask yourself this:has it to do with what I 'think' it should be or is it that I can not accept the 'reality' what is needed to be a good trader?

#27     Dec 27, 2008
  8. Hmmm, I do not agree that a 'mentor' has to have a track record or even must 'trade'.

The best coaches are people that are professionals in there field.

(I think this contradicts....to be a "professional in their field" don't they have to trade? And make money? So, can i be a professional football player and not play football and/or be bad at it?)

You need somebody with 'insight' and outside perspective to make you a 'great' trader and developing others in to great traders are other skills then trading for yourself. That is why many traders can not teach.

I know there are people out there that teach there systems, but that is developed for there personality and will mostly not work for you. Then you will have a 'track' record that he/she made money, but guess what? You likely won't duplicate the results...
    --------------

I agree you will likely not duplicate their results....but wouldn't you rather be taught by Tiger Woods on how to play golf, then some anonymous golf writer who may have never even played?

--------------------

To pay a few thousand dollars in order to be taught how to trade, doesn't it make sense that they are actually good at making money?

references mean nothing?

so you would take your child on a plane knowing the pilot has only read books on how to fly?

etc......

#28     Dec 27, 2008
  9. Mercor

Mercor

Tiger has many coaches. Not one could beat Tiger in a round of golf.

#29     Dec 27, 2008
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

It really doesnt matter much riskfreetrading. I can remember when Vadym Graifer posted his audited trading results, it did nothing for him. A bunch of people who never would have bought anything anyway now "respected" him for the effort, but in terms of sales it did not make one iota of difference. The people who complain about guru's still compained, the people who are willing to buy chatrooms and courses still bought that.

#30     Dec 27, 2008